Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - revelation

31st July 1977

When Rosaline opened her eyes, the first thing that she noticed was that she was being carried by her brother.

She struggled through his grip and yelled, " WHAT THE FUCK! What happened?"

"Don't freak out. I think we're in 1977," said Harry.

Rosaline stared at Harry, paused in her tracks, and hissed, "If you are fucking with me right now, I swear I'd strangle you wi-"

"No, no, it's not a joke," he took out the Daily Prophet. "See. Picked it up on the side of the street while you're unconscious," he mumbled.

Rosaline glanced at the headline - "Muggle-born family of four murdered in Lanchester - Death Eater on the rise?" It was dated 31st July 1977. Her eyes widened with shock, "What? How? Why? How are you so calm with this?"

Harry shrugged, "I panicked when I first found out. When I woke up, it was all dark and you were unconscious next to me in the middle of Diagon Alley. It was lucky that there wasn't anyone around since it's the early morning, or else we would have raised a lot of questions. But then I realized how different this place is from yesterday, for one, Fred and George's shop isn't here anymore. So I picked up the Prophet across the street and saw that we're in 1977. I thought I'd carry you to The Leaky Cauldron, so both of us can find out what happened."

Rosaline was still panicking, she nodded her head stiffly and followed Harry into The Leaky Cauldron. Harry requested a room from Tom the bartender and then the both of them settled into Room 13. Rosaline sat on the chair gingerly, she watched Harry as he removed his backpack from his shoulders, took out a black diamond-shaped locket from his pocket, and placed it on the table. Her mind came to a revelation.

"THIS!" Rosaline pointed at the locket. "I told you not to touch it!"

"Uh...Yeah, I found it next to you when I woke. I had to pick it up, hadn't I?" Harry said hesitantly.

"Blood...my hand, must've activated it," Rosaline murmured to herself.

"Huh?" Harry asked confusedly.

"THIS brought us here, you idiot! If you didn't have the need to touch every funny-looking thing in sight, we wouldn't be here!" Rosaline shouted.

"It's your blood that activated it," Harry retorted.

"So you are blaming ME?! If you hadn't touched it in the first place, I wouldn't have tried to stop you and scratched my palm, you prat! I'm sorry, I didn't feel the need to remind you not to touch anything in a vault that belongs to a dark family. I would've thought after your crazy treasure hunt of Voldy's soul, you'd known better!" Rosaline snapped back.