Chapter 25

Chapter 25 - attack

14th March 1978

Today was another Hogsmeade weekend. Rosaline would be going with Sirius without the knowledge of Harry and James of course. They doubted that they would be found out by her future father and brother as they had their own dates to attend to. Harry was still spending time with Narcissa, and Rosaline found out that whenever she talked about Harry, Narcissa's eyes would light up and have a lovesick expression. She was happy that both of them found love in the presence of each other but at the same time fearful that they would end up heartbroken when they had to forcefully break it off. But Harry and Narcissa were actually doing a very great job at keeping their relationship secret, nobody except Rosaline and Olivia had found out.

Rosaline planned to meet Sirius at 11 at the entrance to the passageway to the one-eyed witch statue. They could not meet out in the open in the entrance hall and this was the only option left. When she was about to leave the common room, someone tapped her shoulder. Since it was the Slytherin common room, she acted as if she was going to be attacked and stunned the person. She turned back and looked at the fallen person, it was just like deja vu to her as that was Regulus Black. She woke him instantly.

"I'm terribly sorry, really! I thought I was about to get attacked," Rosaline apologized and pulled out her hand to help him up.

He took it, "Merlin's balls, I'll take notes to never approach you from behind or open doors quietly." He rubbed his back just like last time, "Do you know I couldn't sleep on my back for three days straight last time?"

"Shit, I'm really sorry. I thought you might be someone like Mulciber or the Carrows," Rosaline apologized once again.

Regulus rolled his eyes, "If I were them, I would just shoot a spell at you instead of tapping you on the shoulder."

Rosaline thought and said, "Yeah, you're right. But why did you approach me?"

Regulus's eyes swept around the dungeons, after making sure they were alone, he whispered, "Don't go to Hogsmeade."

"What? Why?" Rosaline exclaimed.

"Just...don't," He stared into her eyes genuinely, "Something is going to happen."

Rosaline took the hint, but then she realized all her friends were in Hogsmeade, "But everyone's in Hogsmeade."

Regulus looked stupified, "So? It's not like you've never seen Hogsmeade before. If you don't want to get hurt, don't go!"

"No, I mean my cousin is in Hogsmeade, my brother is in Hogsmeade, my friends are all in Hogsmeade, even your brother is going to be in Hogsmeade, they don't know about this! I've got to tell them to leave," Rosaline said urgently.

"My brother is going as well? I thought he isn't since no one is bragging that they are his date. Shite then." Regulus ran his hands through his long curly dark hair, "But I can't be seen there, or I'll have to join their side to fight."