Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - back to Hogwarts

1st September 1977

"James, Sirius, Harry are you done yet? We are going to be late!" Dorea called out.

" Coming!" They shouted back.

Rosaline rolled her eyes. They, in their infinite wisdom, had only started packing at 10 a.m. When Rosaline told them that it was impossible for her to pack and get ready in less than an hour, James said it was because she was a girl and claimed that he didn't need to pack for a fashion show.

Rosaline started dressing up and putting her make-up on as soon as she finished breakfast. She was always a punctual person, in fact, she hated being late. She put on a black long-sleeved crop top and a mini-skirt, accompanied by a pair of knee-high boots. She applied minimal make-up just to make herself presentable. At 10:40, she was already waiting in the sitting room with her trunk by the fireplace. Not long after, she was joined by Remus. Remus greeted her politely and they started talking about the subjects they were taking. A few minutes later, Dorea and Charlus walked in with Peter, they were irritated that the three boys were not ready even though Dorea kept insisting how important it was to be by the fire at a quarter to eleven.

"Charlus, take Rosaline, Remus, and Peter to Kings Cross first. I'll follow with the boys." Dorea sighed.

Then the party of four entered Kings Cross station through the floo one by one. The platform was loaded with parents and Hogwarts students, the parents were sending their children off emotionally, hugging them and asking them to write. Many of the students were already on the Hogwarts Express, chattering about their summer holidays with their friends. At five minutes to eleven, Dorea and the boys had finally arrived. Then Dorea and Charlus hugged everyone briefly and sent them to the train. The marauders lead Harry and Rosaline to their usual compartment at the back of the train. From the window, they spotted Dorea and Charlus, and waved.

"Remember to write!" shouted Dorea.

"Okay, mum!" James yelled back, while Rosaline sent a thumbs-up to her and Harry nodded.

"See you at Christmas!" Dorea exclaimed as the train started to move. A few seconds later, she was out of sight.

"Oh shit! I've got to go to the Heads compartment. Moony, come with me, you're perfect too." James strode towards the compartment door, "Later, Padfoot, Wormtail, Harry, Rosie."

"Farewell, my good sir." Sirius saluted dramatically.

The train ride passed rather dully. Rosaline began to read her textbook on Ancient Runes while Harry read his Defence Against the Dark Arts book. Peter was leaning on the window frame while he dozed off and Sirius was lying on the seat, his head resting on Rosaline's lap. Rosaline didn't mind but Harry kept glaring at Sirius, he didn't like Sirius's face making direct contact with Rosaline's bare thigh.