Chapter 40

Chapter 40 - truths and lies

10th January 1979

Ever since Rosaline found out only ministry Portkeys were allowed in Japan, she had been complaining, because this meant both herself and Regulus had to enter the Ministry of Magic to take the Portkey, which wouldn't be ideal for a supposedly dead man.

"Should I do your glamour or do you want to do it yourself?" She asked Regulus before apparating them to the ministry.

"I can do it," he conjured up a mirror, then changed his grey eyes into brown, his black curls into blonde, and lengthen his nose a little. "How do I look?"

"You look like a skewed version of yourself. But I guess if they don't look closely, they wouldn't know it's you," she examined his face. "Are we good to go then?"

Seeing Regulus nod, she brought them into the atrium of the Ministry of Magic. They then walked to the reception desk to register their visit.

"Names?" An elderly stern-looking witch behind the desk questioned.

"Rosaline Potter and Reinald Lenoir." Rosaline answered.

"What is your purpose of visit?" The witch asked boredly.

"We have an appointment with the Portkey Office," she replied

"Wands?"

Rosaline submitted her wand first, after being scanned by the witch, she took it back and pocketed it. Regulus repeated her actions.

"Wish you an enjoyable visit in the Ministry of Magic, next," the witch called.

"There are so many people here," Regulus whispered as they made their way to the queue of the lift.

"It's working hour, plus it's the first Wizengamot meeting of the year today." She whispered back, standing at the end of the elevator queue.

"Then someone might recognize me," he said quietly.

"Don't worry about... Oh, fuck no," she sighed after seeing a bunch of Lords starting to queue behind them, which included Lucius Malfoy and his cronies.

Regulus turned to the direction she was looking and quickly turned to face her, "Fuck, he's going to recognize us."

Right on cue, Lucius Malfoy's eyes swept over Rosaline, she quickly tugged at Regulus's sleeve, "Kiss me."

Regulus spluttered, "What?"

"Malfoy's staring. People will generally shy away from public display of affection. Just kiss me."

Rosaline glanced at Malfoy quickly and saw that he was looking between Regulus and herself avidly. She immediately grabbed Regulus's stunned face and kiss him on the mouth. It took him two whole seconds to realize what was happening and react. He started stiffly, barely moving his lips, but when Rosaline moved her hands to bury them in his hair, massaging his skull, he hugged her with his right arm and pulled her close, parted his lips and kissed her greedily. He nibbled on her lower lip, making her gasp, then pushed his tongue inside her mouth and explored it. Rosaline was surprised, she totally did not imagine Regulus would kiss like that. She thought he would be gentle and soft, but clearly, he was not. His kiss was rough and passionate, like he had longed for her mouth.