Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - black diamond locket

15th August 1977

It had been a wonderful two weeks at the Potter Manor. The morning after Harry and Rosaline's arrival, Dorea had sat James and Sirius down, asking them not to push the twins for details of the future. The two boys were respectful to their wishes, but they would still subtly snoop for hints of the future. Dorea and Charlus, who undoubtedly had communicated with the portrait, knew of the general conditions of the future, but not in-depth. They didn't ask for specifics, although they made it clear that if they ever needed someone to talk to, they would be there for Harry and Rosaline. Rosaline was thankful that her grandparents didn't treat her like a wounded child, she hated looking vulnerable in front of anyone, even Harry.

A week after their arrival, Harry and Rosaline were requested for a meeting with Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts. Rosaline didn't particularly like him, after knowing that he purposefully sent Harry to his death. However, in order not to raise suspicions, she would act polite and deferential, after all, the meeting was to determine if they were up to par to be put in the seventh year, she wouldn't want to give off a bad impression. At last, Dumbledore decided that they were good enough to be put in the same year as the Marauders, which didn't surprise Rosaline at all, she was always the first in their year and Harry was not far behind.

Rosaline spent a lot of her time flying with the boys. She too was an exceptional flyer, like Harry. But unlike Harry, she played Chaser for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. She enjoyed competing with James, who was equally skillful in scoring. They had played 12 games and they each won 6, and they were already planning for a rematch. Rosaline stayed in the library to read a lot too. However, whenever she was in the library, Sirius was also there. She had no idea why though, she had never seen him pick up a book. He just sat across her and flirted with her, which infuriated Rosaline a lot, she just wanted to read her book. Rosaline normally ended up snapping at him and stomping out of the library. Sirius would watch her flustered, with a satisfying grin hanging on his lips.

Rosaline woke up at 8 as usual. After showering and dressing up, she descended down the stairs \to the dining room for breakfast. Everyone was already at the table eating. She sat down next to Harry just as an owl flew into the room towards Dorea.

Dorea opened the letter and read it. After a few moments, she declared, "Arcturus is coming over at 11."

"What?!" Sirius dropped his fork, "What is that grumpy old codger doing here?"

"That 'grumpy old codger' as you've described is my brother. And he is going to discuss the artifact that brought Harry and Rosaline here." announced Dorea.