Chapter 37

Chapter 37 - sacrifice

3rd January 1979

Rosaline, Harry, and James officially moved out of the Potter Manor on New Year's Day. Rosaline would be staying at her newly furnished house in Reading, Harry would be living in his place in Brighton, and James would move in with Lily in a cottage in Godric's Hollow. Despite having their own places, they swore that they would always spend Sunday nights at the Potter Manor.

Rosaline woke up at 7, as usual, this morning. After tidying herself up, she went to the dining room for breakfast. She expected to see everyone around the table but there was only her grandmother.

"Good morning, grandma," she greeted, "Where's everyone?"

"They were called on duty at 4 in the morning," Dorea answered.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I am not certain, but I guess there was an attack somewhere," her grandmother replied.

"I hope they are okay," Rosaline said.

"I'm sure they will be, darling," Dorea smiled.

Right at that moment, they heard a loud crack coming from the living room.

"Stay here," Dorea ordered and went to investigate.

Rosaline took out her wand, stood up, and face the door. She heard Dorea ask, "When did Charlus Potter propose to me?"

"March 26th, 1952" came the answer.

Dorea exclaimed, "Oh, I'm glad you're alright!" Then Harry, James, and Charlus entered the dining room, they looked very exhausted.

"Did something happen?" Rosaline questioned.

"A muggle village was cleared out, the dark mark was on the sky in Liverpool," Harry sighed.

"There's also an attack on George Sheldon's family. He is a muggle-born and he is one of our supervisors in the Auror department. I believe that's why he's targeted," James supplied.

"Damn, two attacks in one night?" Rosaline frowned, "Did you catch anyone?"

"We caught Selwyn and he is being questioned right now," James answered.

"We didn't catch anyone on our side, so we were responsible for damage control," Harry said.

"We were far too late," Charlus confessed, "The Aurors weren't dispatched until the end of the attack, by the time we arrived, the damage was done, that's why we always come back empty-handed."

"Then why don't you ward the entire country to inform the department when there is a death eater attack?" Rosaline asked.

"I wish there is a way to do that," Charlus said thoughtfully.