Chapter 39

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chapter 39 - the tale of the little king

7th January 1979

Rosaline was back at the cave, stranded in the middle of the little island. She looked around, trying to find the boat that would take her out of the cave, but it wasn't in sight. Then someone tapped her on the shoulder, she whipped her head around and saw Bellatrix Lestrange, her eyes glinting while she smiled madly. Rosaline jumped away instantly, fumbling through her pockets for her wand, but she seemed to have lost it. So she took off, running away from Bellatrix. Bellatrix was shouting out different incantations while chasing her.

"Go away," she panted.

She turned around to see if Bellatrix was close, but no one was there. She stopped in her tracks and sighed relievedly. Then her arm was grabbed, she screamed when she saw Bellatrix standing next to her, with a dagger in her hand.

"Let me go!" She yelled.

Bellatrix cackled, "You cannot go anywhere. You're now food for me and my friends." She waved her hand and the army of Inferi started rising out of the water.

"No, let me go. Please, I'll do anything," she begged.

"Sweet baby Potter, so naive to think I'll let you go," Bellatrix smiled evilly. The Inferi's clammy fingers reached for her and began to pull her to the water.

"NO, HELP!" She shouted.

But in that instant, Bellatrix transformed into an Inferius, she grabbed her forearm and immersed her underwater. She was hyperventilating, running out of air. She struggled to break free of the water, but she kept sinking.

Then she heard something strange, "Rosie, Rosie, wake up."

She opened her eyes and gasped. She realized she was in her bed before dawn, Regulus was standing beside her bed tiredly.

"It's just a dream," she muttered to herself, "it's just a dream."

"Rosie, are you okay?" She could see Regulus looking at her worriedly under the dim light.

"Just a nightmare," she panted, "Sorry that I've woken you up."

"No, I was already awake. And do you want to talk about it?" Regulus asked.

"It's nothing, I'm fine. I'll take Dreamless sleep next time," she said.

"Are you sure you're fine? You're still shaking," he asked with concern.

Rosaline realized she was trembling uncontrollably, with cold sweat on her forehead. The dream was so vivid, she felt like she was dragged underwater once again.

"I... it looked so real," she whimpered.

Regulus walked closer, "Do you want a hug?"

She nodded gingerly.