45. Fire General reporting to study (6)

'You stupid, good for nothing system, tell me why is he here? The first two worlds may be a coincidence, but this one is clearly not! Heck, I would be an idiot if I'd believe that!'

[ ..............]

'System, what are you hiding from me?'

[ Well, there is another kind of system called cupid system. They match hosts with comparable souls to inspire them to keep doing missions. Cupid system has matched you with Mo Ting, and if I am not wrong, you two will be together in the same world until seven missions ]

'What the heck? How can he be my perfect match? What bullshit is that stupid cupid system doing?'

[ How can I know ]

Mo Ting looked at me and said, "From your expression, I assume you just got to know about the cupid system?"

Looking at him with teary eyes, Sia exclaimed, "I don't want to stay in the same world as you....."

He sighed, "You're still the same as always. Always rejecting me."

What? Always rejecting him? What the hell is he talking about?! Heck, she met him for the first time in the cultivation world.

[ Host, I think his feelings are the work of the cupid system ]

Before she could say anything, once again she saw another flash of memories.

This time there were many people, but she knew in her heart they are all the same. The man would always chase after the girl, but the girl always rejected him. Somehow she had a feeling that girl is her.

A feeling of sadness and desperation took over her heart.

But she never had another life. Are these memories really hers? If they are, then why doesn't she remember?

Again, another flash of memory flashed before her. This time, she saw a blood-soaked man lying on a woman's lap, who coincidentally, looked just like her  while the man looked like Mo Ting.

The woman asked in a raspy voice, "Why?"

Then the man touched the woman's cheek and smiled warmly at her, "Because I love you and always will." Unknowingly tears started to fall down from her eyes.

Suddenly Sia felt a cold touch on her cheek. She looked up and saw Mo Ting. He was wiping away her tears. He asked, "Why are you crying?"

Sia didn't know what happen to her, but she suddenly hugged him tightly! At first his body was stiff, but soon he relaxed.

Hugging Sia back, he said, "I don't know what's wrong, but I can tell you one thing.....I am always here for you and always will be."

£ Picture of this arc's Mo Ting and Sia has been added in 'characters' chapter! £