61. The Past Which Always Hunts (4)

Mr. Mo asked, "Who is this dear?" Mrs. Mo slowly put down the girl from her lap and asked, "What's your name, dear?" 

Black lines could be seen on Mr. Mo's forehead, "You picked up a child without knowing her name and identity?"

Mrs. Mo gave Mr. Mo no heed as she asked again, "Child, please tell me your name." 

This time the child finally looked at her and slowly opened her mouth, " Sia." Like a clean breeze the soft voice of Sia touched the heart of Mrs. Mo.

Mrs. Mo smiled, "Well I am Wen Lan known as Mrs. Mo and that...." pointing at Mr. Mo she said, " Is my husband, Mo Yichen but commonly known as Mr. Mo."

Sia said nothing. She went back staring at the ground. Mr. Mo found Sia's behavior very peculiar. So he made Sia sit on a sofa and dragged his wife in a room.

He asked, "Dear, what happened to this child?" Mrs. Mo sighed, "Her family died in the fire." Mr. Mo quited down. He asked, "Where did you find her?"

Mrs. Mo said, " She was kneeling before the building and looking at the ruin." Mr.Mo sympathized, "That child has suffered."

Mrs. Mo looked at Mr.Mo with hope, "Darling can we keep her? I am afraid if we send her to an orphanage she will grow up as a lifeless soul. I wish to wake her up and see her living her life fullest with no regrets."

Mr. Mo knew his wife won't listen to him so he was forced to accept whatever his wife wanted to do.

Mrs. Mo became happy after getting the silent agreement from her husband. 

She immediately went to Sia and said, "Dear, you will be staying with us, OK?"

Even now Sia showed no expression but this didn't decrease Mrs. Mo enthusiasm at all. 

She happily dragged Sia in the guest room, "Sia, this will be your bedroom for now. If you don't like anything here just tell me. I will have it changed."

Sia didn't even looked at the room carefully. Mrs. Mo noticed the dark circles under Sia's eyes.

She immediately scoped Sia and landed her on bed, "Dear take a rest first." Then she left the room.

But Mrs. Mo never saw the storm raging inner Sia. She lifelessly looked at the ceiling thinking abut her happy family which the fire had killed. 

She saw herself as someone helpless who either couldn't save her family or could die with them.