60. The Past Which Always Hunts (3)

Step by step Mrs.Mo walked toward that small figure. When she was closer she saw a small child with red hair kneeling. That child was dazedly looking at burnt building. What shocked Mrs.Mo was, the eyes of that child.

They were lifeless and empty. They conveyed the feeling as if the child had no reason to live anymore. Mrs.Mo was shocked by her own thoughts. But in didn't take long for Mrs.Mo to solve this puzzle.

They said none survived but it was wrong. A member of one of those families survived and that person is the girl in front of her. Somehow she survived while everyone of her family died.

Mrs.Mo went closer to the girl and asked, "Child, why are you kneeling?" The girl turned her head towards Mrs.Mo and looked at Mrs.Mo for a while then again went back staring at the building.

Mrs.Mo sighed. She didn't feel it was safe to leave this girl alone there. So she picked the child up and started to walk towards the transfer terminal.

The child said nothing. She didn't resist but she also didn't stop looking at the building. When Mrs.Mo entered the terminal the building slowly started to disappear from her vision.

Now Mrs.Mo was standing in front of her house contempting how to explain to her family that she saw a child on her way and picked her up! She just couldn't go in and say, "Hi, I picked this child up."

Thinking for a while she gave up as she couldn't find a good excuse. Whatever let's just get over it she thought. So she swiped her card to unlock the door. The house robot confirmed her and let her in.

Entering the house she said, "I am home." Mo Ling came running to welcome his mom but he stopped after seeing a girl with his mother. 

Thinking for a while he shouted at the top of his lungs, "Brother Mo, mom brought a wife for you."

Mrs.Mo was speechless. She immediately smacked Mo Ling, "What nonsense are you speaking?" Mr.Mo also came after he heard his youngest son's scream.

He looked at the child who was with his wife. That child had a cold face with no emotion. Why he was surprised the most was because of the empty eyes of the child. He ordered Mo Ling, "Mo Ling, go inside."

Mo Ling wanted to stay but seeing his father's stonic face he decided it's better to go inside. Besides he needs to pass this news to his brother.

So Mo Ling immediately went inside to give his brother the news of arrival of sister-in-law.