Lawd Have Mercy

"Why can't I go in with you ?" Blue asked looking over at her father who was looking at a list on his phone that he apparently didn't want her to see because he was turned angled against the window with his leg up

"Why can't I go in with you ?" Blue asked looking over at her father who was looking at a list on his phone that he apparently didn't want her to see because he was turned angled against the window with his leg up .

"Because the stuff I'm getting is for your mom and no offense but you can't hold water Lefty" he said making her roll her eyes .

He was the only adult she could do it and get away with it . Her grandmother, mother , and aunt would've probably knocked her glasses off which is why she loved being around her dad when she could . He was more lenient and he always spoiled her with snacks and toys and maybe even a little money if he wanted her to keep secret what surprise he was getting her mom .

"Like cigarettes?" She asked curiously. "Is that why I can't go in ? Because it's an adult store?" She pressed .

"I don't smoke cigarettes, they're called cigars and mind your business . Yes , this store has a lot of stuff in it but I don't think you'd even want to visit a corner store" he laughed .

"What's a corner store ?" She asked pushing her glasses up as they slipped down her nose .

Her braces bands were an identical shade of Blue that she was currently obsessed with but even the color couldn't stop them from hurting when she got them tightened .

She remembered crying for them , now she couldn't wait to get them off in a few years so she could have a pretty smile like her mama .

"Exactly " Jay laughed as he got out before he made it over to her side and opened her door

"Exactly " Jay laughed as he got out before he made it over to her side and opened her door .

"I can come ?" She asked hopefully .

"No . But I'm going over the rules while I'm in there . Your phone is charged , but if it's not then you can use my portable charger as long as you put it back . If you see anyone trying to take a video of you roll the window back up , I have darker tint on the back windows so climb in the backseat . Do not under any circumstances get out of this car in come inside by yourself okay ? If you need me or it's an emergency then call the emergency contacts in your phone with me being the first one" he instructed as she nodded her head . "Don't mess around with stuff in here , I don't want you to accidentally turn anything on" he added