Our Man

Bey was putting her things away , the room completely silent and void of people when she felt a presence behind her .

Initially she thought it was her husband but his reaction to a moment alone included a lot of talking or touching which she heard none of , so the only person with access to her private dressing was his mother .

"You still here mama?" Bey Asked as she dropped the clothes that were busying her hands so that she could give the older woman her undivided attention .

Like her husband , she rarely spoke but when she did it was something worth listening to . Something simple , but deep and always useful in the future .

Bey was genuinely Surprised when the darker woman didn't stop or answer her questions. With outstretched arms she gathered Beyoncé into her arms , the immediate abundance of warmth and love from the embrace making Bey hold on tighter as if the feeling would somehow escape if she didn't hold it in .

Gloria's dreadlocks tickled Bey's face and her neck but she remained connected to her mother in law until the hug expired

Gloria's dreadlocks tickled Bey's face and her neck but she remained connected to her mother in law until the hug expired .

"What was that for ?" Bey Asked once they both finally stepped back , still in close enough proximity but no longer in each other's arms .

"Because I have no words . No way to even begin to thank you for loving my son or for being patient with him . For bringing back my little boy " Gloria said making Bey's eyebrow arch in confusion prompting a small chuckle from Gloria.

"Let me explain" Gloria started

"Let me explain" Gloria started . "I'm sure he's told you about his father . When he left , he might as well had taken Shawn with him because he was no longer there . He changed for the worst , not too wayward but still not as recognizable as the boy that I raised . He was and will always be my baby boy , but his attitude towards life and people weren't the same . The four year old that taught himself how to ride a bike became shielded by this boy that no longer had goals or tried to do anything . His grades dropped , his work suffered and teachers had almost given up hope but I never lost faith and one day when you have a son you'll understand where I'm coming from " Gloria smiled making Bey blush.