Adopted

Bey sank into the couch soaking up the comfort the plush fabric provided while she surfed through the channels on the flat screen mounted on the wall with one hand while one hand and one eye semi focused on her phone screen to answer every now and then when her voice was needed on the zoom meeting .

Another ivy park success and she was still working on the weekends , a time she usually reserved for peace .

At least today was Friday and she could count on the silence from Blue doing her school work while the twins watched the most annoying show she'd ever heard of .

Tf was a cocomelon and why did it grab every toddlers full attention ? She couldn't count the amount of times she had to fight her own kids to get them to put the tablet down or give her HER phone back , and Rumi was a little too strong for her li...

Tf was a cocomelon and why did it grab every toddlers full attention ? She couldn't count the amount of times she had to fight her own kids to get them to put the tablet down or give her HER phone back , and Rumi was a little too strong for her liking .

Trying to get something out of that girls grasp when she wanted it was like wrestling a grown man so Bey concluded that it would be much easier to put it on the big screen for a few hours everyday when she needed them to sit in one spot for awhile .

When Bey looked up and saw her oldest daughter standing in the doorway her ears automatically tuned out the noise coming through her AirPods and perked up to hear what she had to say

When Bey looked up and saw her oldest daughter standing in the doorway her ears automatically tuned out the noise coming through her AirPods and perked up to hear what she had to say .

When nothing came out of her mouth Bey got a little annoyed she wasn't even going to lie , but she suppressed the feeling knowing that sometimes it took a lot of courage for a child to come to you about something .

She could remember instances as a kid where she was scared to break some bad news to her mom or ask her a question because she didn't want to get yelled at .

Taking a deep breath , Bey pushed the laptop off her lap and turned off her camera and volume on her phone to show Blue that she had her full attention .

"You okay mamas?" Bey asked hoping her voice sounded as loving and inviting as she felt on the inside right now .

Blue looked at her for a few consistent seconds before shooting her eyes to the her bare feet and her fresh baby pink toenail polish that matched her little press on nails that came with the kit her grandma bought her as an early Christmas present .