Canceled

"How's your head?" Jay asked as he at at his wife's feet , fighting the urge to yell at her and make her potential headache worse.

"Fine , just like the other ten times you asked in the last thirty minutes . Do you want me to rest or answer your questions , pick a struggle ?" Bey whispered smartly , wincing as the words passed through from her larynx and out of her mouth feeling more like lava than air . Hey through literally felt like she swallowed razor blades , the symptom intensifying every time she used her vocal cords .

How she made it through rehearsal yesterday was beyond her until she remembered she didn't make it , which is why she was in the position to begin with .

"Nearly died and you still have enough energy to have a smart mouth . You can barely speak right now , you're dehydrated , and you haven't moved all day but you want to do a show tomorrow" he scolded .

"It's not that serious " she tried to whisper but her words didn't quite make it that far , dying on her lips . Lips that he read clearly and lost his cool at .

"You know what , since you were going to do it without my say so go ahead Beyoncé

"You know what , since you were going to do it without my say so go ahead Beyoncé . If you wanna sing 12 of the damn songs and potentially ruin your voice forever then be my guest . You think you can go full out for two and half hour with a 104 fever and severe tonsillitis do , but you're going to have to do it without me . I'm not going to watch you work yourself to death , that's not what I signed up for . And before you say I'm overreacting , tell me how you would feel if you got a got a call saying your wife passed out in practice and had to be rushed to the hospital for exhaustion, a fever , and stupidity " he said as she got up moving all her snotty tissues and Gatorade's she's been chugging like that was going to heal her .

"You were out for hours Bey , Do you know what that means ? Your body shut down because you wouldn't give it the time it needed to recuperate " he recounted .

He usually went to rehearsals with her but she told him it to spend time with Blue , which is what he was in the middle of when Angie called him and let him what was going on .

Bey tried to tune him out like she used to do when her mom or dad used to yell at her but with his volume and proximity the pillow she had over her head was useless .

"I know your fans mean to the world to you but I need you too . But if you think .... nevermind"he said storming off .

"Wait -" Bey dragged out lowly as she sat up way to fast making herself dizzy .

"Oh yeah , and for the record your fans are tired of you closing with Run the world girls and single ladies " he said before heading up stairs .

Bey could've sworn she heard his voice crack but she was already crying at this point anyway .

The last thing she wanted to do was cancel but she knew she could barely stand without getting dizzy , let perform .

When the doctor told her she was of damaging her voice due to straining it prematurely she thought that would be enough to stop her but hearing her husband express how he felt broke her Down completely .

She really neglect his feelings most times , especially when it came to her decisions with her career .

With the support of the couch she stood slowly , using everything around her for balance until she made it up the stairs to him , his back turned to her while he scrolled down on his business laptop probably handling new Tidal features .

She expected him to reject her when she weakly climbed in his lap blanket and all and move his hand away from the computer so she could type .

"I'm sorry " he said when he heard her sniffle . She was sniffing from tears , her nose was just stuffy as hell on the right side .

"For the single ladies comment or-"

"Yelling " he said making her roll her eyes , stopping when even that hurt . Run the world ( girls ) was never going out of style .

"Look " she said handing him her phone before getting cozy and falling asleep in his arms .

He kissed her burning forehead , holding her close silently thanking her for doing something she's never done in her career

She canceled a show .