Chapter 15: Love You Goodbye

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end

It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends, yeah~

(One Direction)

There are three things we do alone. We are born, we die and if we're a high school junior headed for college, we take the S.. And while the test is said to measure our best traits preparing for it inevitably brings out the worst. Humility becomes self-doubt. Striving becomes obsession. Some are driven to self-medication. While others cling to the security of being part of a group. And anyone who's used to bending the rules will find themselves breaking them

Elizabeth walked into her brother's room where her dad was. Her brother was studying for the SAT's something she had taken years ago.

"T-ball. First grade. Remember this? Bases loaded and I struck out" Dan said.

"That was funny" Elizabeth replied.

"Not helping Lizzie."

"Not trying too" she replied.

"You were 6" their dad said.

"The ball was on a tee. Not moving"

"You'll come through"

"You're basing that on what exactly"

"That you're a Humphrey"

"Exactly, we Humphrey's always come through" Elizabeth replied.

"That's the spirit. Both of you will do well" their father said.

"Bye" Jenny yelled.

"Wait!" their dad yelled leaving the twins.

"Why aren't you studying? I know you always strive to be the smartest person in the room but Lizzie it's the S.A.T.s. You can't just expect to get a good score..."

"I know" she said "I already took them"

They walked out into the living room.

"You'd cry if I didn't walk you to school" their dad said.

"That wasn't me. That was Dan" Jenny replied.

"It's true but I was 6. It was post T-Ball" Dan said and Elizabeth laughed "So you took them last year?"

"Um no" she replied then looked at him "I took them the summer before freshman year"

"Seriously?" he asked.

"Yeah" she replied "Remember I always strive to be the smartest in the room. I wanted to make sure I got the best score possible"

"Over achiever" he said as she opened the door.

She walked out and headed to school. She arrived at school and ran into Nate.

"Hey Archibald" she said.

"Hey" he said "So are you like everyone else stressing about the test?"

"I'm not a test stressor" she said "But my brother is losing his mind which is entertainment in itself. I'm thinking about charging admission to see it. You interested?"

"You're the smartest person I know but Liz it's the S.A.T.s. Do you expect to just pass them with your incredible mind?"

"Well duh" she laughed.