Chapter 61: Good to be Alive

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~I think I finally found my hallelujah

I've been waiting for this moment all my life

Now all my dreams are coming true, yeah

I've been waiting for this moment

Feels good to be alive right about now

Good, good, good, good to be alive right about now~

(Andy Grammer)

Every war has its weapons but on the Upper East Side, the rules of battle are simple. There are no rules.

Elizabeth stood behind the counter at the coffee shop wiping down the table. Serena had invited her to Nate's surprise Birthday party and even though everything went smooth with the three of them at the fashion show she was still a little on edge about them. But then she had her old feelings well not old, never went away feelings for Chuck that were on the front of her mind.

"Someone is stressed" she head Carter say.

"Hey stranger" she said looking up.

"Does this have to do with Nate's birthday?"

"How?" she asked. Not that was the main reason but one.

"You left your email open on the office computer." He replied. "Still not over him?"

"Carter" she said.

"I get it okay. I'm not over the girl either"

"Serena?" she asked knowing very well he was talking about her.

"Funny Beth" he said and then hugged her. "So how is the recording going?"

"Well the guys in school and then Matt on vacation so me running the shop with the help of Drew we have only managed to get one song done. But it is an awesome one that Liam wrote and I'm excited"

"Me too. To hear it. When it's out of course"

"Of course" she said.

"Package for Elizabeth Humphrey" a guy said coming in. She took it and signed for it and he left.

"Having your mail delivered here? Did you move in upstairs and I not know about it? I thought the apartments were my thing"

"I didn't want my brother finding this when it came in. It's from Columbia, I reapplied and I have only told my dad. I didn't want anyone getting their hopes up." she said opening it. She went to take the letter out but stopped. "I'm nervous"

"They accepted you the first time. They're not going to turn you down this time. You are brilliant, Columbia would be stupid not to accept you"

She pulled out the letter and began reading then started crying.

"Oh no. Baby..."

"I got in" she said "Oh my god! I got it! And with the coffee shop income, the income from Drew's skating classes, the two ballet studios being booked all the time, and the apartments upstairs. I can afford it. I can afford it on my own."

"Baby that's amazing."

"I have to call my dad. No wait. I'm gonna go see him" she said grabbing her purse "Can you watch the shop?"