Chapter 84: Photograph

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~We keep this love in a photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

And time's forever frozen, still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans

Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home~

Elizabeth tried walking into the Van der Woodsen place and there were cameras everywhere. She got her and Ella through the mess and inside. Serena inside already.

"You made it through?" she heard Serena asked.

"Barely" Elizabeth said "But Ella here is a little trooper."

"Chuck was just asking if you were here." Serena replied. "He wanted to make sure you got here okay"

"I'll text him, so he doesn't worry." She said getting out her phone and texting him

"Are you two?"

"No" she said "Strictly friends and co-parents. I already have many other complications without adding him into the mix"

"What do you mean?" Serena asked "Wait are you and Nate?"

"No and he is with Raina, and I am very happy for him. For once in my life Nate Archibald is not something complicated in it.""

"Then what's going on?"

"I'm avoiding Carter. He came over after Chuck's party and just kissed me and then left. And then on Valentine's Day I invited Cameron. You know the rugby player that Blair went on a few dates with."

"Oh yeah, I liked him"

"Me too"

"What happened?"

"Well he came over and the minute Ella started crying he bolted so I'm avoiding him as well. And I'm thinking right now with Ella only being a little over a month old that dating probably is not the best for me."

"Well Carter did offer to be Ella's father right so he won't bail on you"

"I know but I don't want to lead him on you know" she replied "Carter will always be my first love and hold a special place in my heart but...he and I, we just won't work. He wants to travel the world and never be in one place for too long. I want to stay here in New York and raise my daughter."

"If Ella wasn't in the picture, what would your thoughts on Carter be then?"

"Still the same" she said "Yes I get being a rock star involves traveling the world but at the end of the tour you come home and New York is home. Nowhere else can compare"

"True. But is it New York that's home or is it Chuck?" Serena said

"That's the problem, I don't know" she said.