Chapter 85: Pretty in Pink

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~She's pretty in pink

Isn't she?

Pretty in pink

Isn't she?~

(The Psychedelic Furs)

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, but ask any Upper East Side girl to show you her most prized possession and we bet the box is Vivier, not Cartier. But the truth is just because the shoe fits doesn't mean you want to wear it.

Elizabeth walked out of her old room where she had a crib set up and Ella was sleeping.

"Thanks for the movies, you wanna come over later and join us for some screenings?" her dad asked Dan.

"Um...you know what? I might. I might have a thing"

"A thing?" she said "That sound very suspicious. Almost like a date""

"And intriguingly vague. Another development in the complicated non-friends hang-out situation?"

"No, that situation has figured itself out." Dan said "It's official. We're uh, we're just friends"

"That's good to know" Elizabeth said sitting down next to dad. She was a little bummed though. She knew he liked Blair and was hoping that maybe she liked him back. Because if she was over Chuck then she had nothing to worry about. But that wasn't the case.

"The thing today is actually a job. I got a call from the editor of 'Paris Match'. He read my blog in 'W'. He wants me to do some additional reporting on a story for them today."

"That's fantastic" Rufus said.

"I know. I know. I should be, uh, happy, but the piece seems kinda sleazy."

"Sleazy or not a job to write is a job to write Dan, you should take it" Elizabeth said.

"They got this tip that this European Prince is gonna be in town, wants to do a day in the life story, like what a royal does in New York."

"I'll follow a prince" Elizabeth replied "If you won't take it I will, I mean it won't be the best article but maybe I can turn it into a song for them"

Dan looked at her and shook his head.

"What? It sounds fun, and I could use some"

"The guy doesn't like the media, apparently which in this case is me, so that means I gotta follow him. We're talking staking out his hotel"

"Provided this Prince isn't rolling with Lindsey Lohan, I don't know what he has to hide. I agree with your sister. It's a great opportunity"

"Let the record show I put up a valiant fight" Dan said.

"And lost" Elizabeth replied smirking. "Once again"

"Speaking of fights, where do things stand with you and Vanessa" their dad asked. Elizabeth looked at Dan. "Have you guys talked?""

"Uh, yes. Only to reiterate the fact that we have nothing to talk about"

"You know, I was angry with Vanessa too, but you guys have been friends your whole lives. That's not something you give up without some thought" their dad said.

"I should probably get on this article" Dan said then looked back at his sister "You should come with me?"

"I can't" she replied "I have Ella"