Chapter 26: Find out Who Your Friends Are

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~You find out who your friends are

Somebody's gonna drop everything

Run out and crank up their car

Hit the gas get their fast

Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far.'

They just show on up with their big old heart

You find out who you're friends are~

(Tracy Lawrence)

There is nothing quite like autumn in New York. But it's not only the leaves that change. Something in the air brings out the true colors in everyone

Elizabeth stood in front of the bulletin board at the coffee shop hanging up the flyer Vanessa had given her that day.

"What's that for?" Drew asked and she handed him one.

"Vanessa is trying to save this building. Dutch Schultz favorite speakeasy. She's trying to get landmark status"

"Where do I sign?"

"I already signed for you and Matt" She said "And Nate"

"Awesome. So are you free afterschool?"

"I should be" she said "Why?"

"Band Practice. And I also am supposed to ask if you know another place we can practice. We were practicing at Zach's dad's garage but that won't work anymore"

"They want to call band practice but have nowhere to practice? That makes sense."

"I know"

"Actually, I do" she said and had him follow her to the back of the coffee shop. "I once asked Paul what was behind the door, and he said extra storage space. He wanted to later tear it down to make more space for tables but decided against it. Carter and I were trying to figure out what to do with it"

She opened the door and there were stairs, and they went down and another door. She opened it and there was a big empty space.

"Wow" he replied "There is a lot of room down here."

"Yeah there is" she said "We can make that corner over there practice space. We can sound proof the door so that we don't disturb the customers and we can keep instruments here"

"You are awesome" Drew said

"Thanks" she said and handed him a stack of flyers "Will you pass these out at your school?"

"Of course" he said "See you later"

She got to school to the school and saw Nate.

"Hey" she said kissing him

"Hey. So how is the band going?"

"Good. Drew and I just spent the morning finding a spot to practice" she said "but right now I need to get to class. I'm sorry I have to kiss and run"

She kissed him then ran off.

After Band practice she stepped upstairs and spotted Nate sitting at a table. She walked over to him and kissed him.