Chapter 20: Ocean Avenue

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~Well be together for one more night somewhere somehow~

(Yellowcard)

Unlike the rest of us, sex, lies, and scandal never take a vacation. Instead, they take the Long Island expressway and head east to the Hamptons. Some would say summer is their busiest season. Think Park Avenue but with Tennis Whites and Bain de Soleil. The players change, but the fame remains the same. Spotted: Blair Waldorf at Charles de Gaulle homeward bound. What could possibly make queen bee abandon her two dads before Labor Day? We bet Chuck Bass wants to know. Also spotted: Serena Van der Woodsen on cooper beach, alone again. We've heard talk that things are heating up with Nate Archibald and where there's smoke there's usually fire. But if that's the case why has Nate fallen right off our radar and Serena is always sighted solo? Wonder what she'd do if she knew lonely boy wasn't so lonely anymore. Well, well, well, lonely boy. Maybe dating and dumping Serena wasn't such a bad idea. Looks like it's time to give you a new nickname. How about playboy? As for Little J looks like this summer has been all work and no play which seems to be a Humphrey trait. Our very own Ice Princess spent her summer not very summery and on ice, at least when she wasn't spotted kissing a mystery boy. Has she reunited with Bad Boy Baizen or is it a new beau in competition with Archibald?

Elizabeth stepped inside the coffee shop and went to her table. She was bummed that summer was over which if her spring self could hear her, she's laugh since she was excited for fall back then. But after her summer with Chuck, she was bummed they were over. Not to mention this summer she was really enjoying being on the stage. Ice skating was going great for her and Drew. They had competed in 2 competitions so far and were in the top 10 which wasn't bad for technically their first year as a pair.

"Sad the summer is over?" Matt asked

"Definitely" she replied "Though I did stay busy between skating and singing."

"Right, with your beau?"

"Ex beau" she replied.

"You miss him?"

"Is it wrong if I say yes?"

"No, you two really liked each other and I saw that. I think it's stupid you two even broke up."

"Other people" she replied.

"So, if Nate is with Serena, then you have to be miserable?" Matt asked.

"I don't know"

"Well, you deserve an amazing guy and I know that I don't know the guy very well, but he seemed to really care about you so hopefully it all works out for everyone"

"Thanks" she replied then looked down at the seashell necklace Chuck had got her at the amusement park. It had become her favorite necklace.

Later she arrived at home to see Jenny and Dan at the table.

"It's too hot for Indian" Jenny said "What about popsicles"

"Yummy" Elizabeth said "The popsicles not the Indian food. But I'm so hot I can eat ice for dinner."

"Where's mom?" Jenny asked.

"She and Alex had tickets to 'South Pacific" Dan said looking at Jenny's many buttons "Is that homework?"

"Finish your story yet?"

"Almost" Dan replied then looked at Elizabeth "How are your gigs"

"You would know if you would have shown up 'Mr. I'll be at Every One. The last one was 2 weeks ago'"