Chapter 55: The Last Time

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~Why is it so hard to look me in the eye?

Playing with that cross that's on your chain

I know you only ever bite your lip

When it's something you're afraid to say

Is this the last time that I lay my eyes upon you?

Is this the last time that I ever watch you leave?

This is the last thing I would ever have done to ya

This is the last thing that I thought you'd do to me

We said that it would last, but how come it's the last time?

I'm tryna hold your hand, but feeling like my hand's tied

We said we'd be forever, now you'll never ever be mine

We said that it would last, but how come it's the last time?~

(The Script)

Thanksgiving began when the Pilgrims and Indians came together to share the bountiful harvest.

Elizabeth sat in the living room with Eric and Jenny as her dad handed out Thanksgiving task. Elizabeth knew she was gonna get pie because she always got pie. And to be honest she was excited to have something to distract her from Nate thinking about what he wants.

"I've got the stuffing" Her dad said "And Jenny you have the sweet potatoes, as usual. Eric, what's your tradition?"
"I, um, don't think we Van der Woodsen's have any Thanksgiving traditions" Eric replied.

"We Humphreys have tons to make up for it" Elizabeth replied. "Dad, Dan and I can do pies, as always I make the best ones"

"Serena apologizes, but she won't be able to make it tomorrow" Lily said walking in.

"I stand corrected" Eric replied.

"She has to work on Thanksgiving" Rufus replied.

"Well Tripp has his staff volunteering at a soup kitchen. And with Scott and his parents at the cape, and my mother still unable to travel, it looks like it's going to be us and Daniel"

"Lizzie. Nate coming?" her dad asked. She honestly wasn't sure if he was or not. But she was happy that Serena wasn't coming.

"I don't know. I'll ask"

"Would you mind if I just walked down to Grace's and ordered one of their Turkey dinners so we don't have to cook?"

"Um, actually, Lily Dad was just..." Jenny started.

"...thinking the same thing. Keep it small, hassle-free" her dad said. Elizabeth and Jenny exchanged looks.

"Thank You" Lily said then walked away.

Elizabeth walked over to her dad.

"Dad. Humphrey traditions. Jenny's sweet potatoes. Dan and I's pies. It's not exactly Thanksgiving without them"