Chapter 19: State of Grace

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

A/N: So this is a filler chapter I wrote and one of my favorite chapters that sorta puts Liz in a pickle

~This is a state of grace

This is the worthwhile fight

Love is a ruthless game

Unless you play it good and right

These are the hands of fate

You're my Achilles heel

This is the golden age of something good and right and real

(Taylor Swift)

Elizabeth was standing on the small stage getting set up for her gig. Her brother had told her he couldn't make it and Drew was down in Texas for a week. She had reminded Nate about her show but hadn't heard from him really since she had seen the Gossip Girl post about him and Serena dating. She was happy for him but also was sad because she had hope that when the summer was over, they would be together but now she was thinking that wasn't the case. She was starting to think that maybe he and she weren't meant to be anything more than friends.

"Nervous?" Matt asked her, handing her a coffee.

"No" she replied "I'm excited"

"Good" he said "My dad wanted to come see you perform but he's busy so he can't"

"That's okay" she replied "At least you're here since it doesn't seem that anyone else will be. Jenny had her internship and Dan is sleeping with any girl he meets so..."

"Sorry" he replied and hugged her. She went back to tuning her guitar when the bell over the door rang and she looked up hoping to see Nate but instead Chuck Bass was there.

"Am I late?" he asked.

"Hey" she said as he walked over to her.

"So, this is West Village?" he asked.

"Yeah" she laughed "This is it"

"It's alright"

"Don't insult my coffee shop" she replied "Why are you here exactly?"

"Nate mentioned last week that your show was tonight"

"So, you came in his place. He couldn't text me and say he wasn't coming?"

"He doesn't know I'm here"

"Oh" she replied then thought of Blair. "Where is Blair? It looked like things were going good between the two of you"

"That didn't work out"

"Really?" she asked surprised. She thought they'd be perfect for each other

"Yeah" he said

"Too bad" she smiled. "So, you're here to see my show?"

"Yeah"

"You like music?" she asked.

"I like you" he replied "I've been told you have talent"

"I suppose I do; I am biased though"

"I will let you know after you perform" he replied