Chapter 68: Here Comes the Sun

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~Here comes the sun do, do, do

Here comes the sun

And I say it's all right~

(The Beatles)

Summer is coming to a close and as everyone knows Paris like the Upper East side, empties out in August leaving behind only the tourist and the dreamers lamenting the imminent return to real life

Elizabeth walked into the Loft and spotted Dan trying to calm Milo down.

"You need help brother?" she asked and took him from him and began singing to him.

"How are you?" Dan asked. "How's Chuck's room 'cause you can move back in."

"I would kill her" Elizabeth said then looked at Milo. "I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to say that about your mama. She just drives your Auntie Lizzie crazy, and a crazy aunt is the last thing you need in your life. Especially having a crazy mommy"

"That's big of you" he said as the door opened and Nate along with Juliet stood there.

"Hey Humphreys" Nate said.

"Who's this?" Dan asked.

"This is Juliet." Nate said.

"She's a new friend" Elizabeth replied "Good to see you again Juliet, hopefully Nate didn't bore you to death with his love life. I'm probably the most exciting part about it. In fact, I'm sure some of my rambling rubbed off on him"

"Yes" Juliet said pulling out the CD Elizabeth had given her. "I loved it. The song about friends turned lovers was very raw and emotional. Was that based on someone?"

Elizabeth looked at Nate and Juliet then realized who she was talking about.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry, I didn't like, bring up something..."

"It's okay cause it's my favorite too" Nate said.

"You've heard her album?"

"The whole thing yeah" he said

"One of the first" she replied "Besides the band and my business partner"

She didn't want to bring up Carters name in front of Nate.

"I actually need to go" Elizabeth said and handed Milo back to Dan. "I will see you at home. Juliet I will have to make a girl date with you. We can talk boys, and clothes. And we will invite Vanessa"

"Sounds good" Juliet said. "I don't have a lot of girl friends outside of school."

"Lizzie doesn't have a lot of girlfriend's periods" Dan replied "She has issues"

"Dan has issues too" she smiled at him. "Nate is literally his only guy friend"

"They do this, you'll get used to it" Nate said to Juliet and she nodded.

Elizabeth left and went downstairs. She hailed a cab and went to the doctors. She got in and did the checkup. The baby looked healthy, and she could tell she was already starting to show. She walked outside and hailed a cab to her coffee shop. She got inside and went to walk past Matt.

"Hey Boss" he said, and she turned to him.

"Hey" she said, and he handed her a coffee.

"Matt I'm so sorry but I'm just not in the mood"