Chapter 16: Juke Box Hero

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes

He's a juke box hero~

(Foreigner)

Spotted: Jenny Humphrey wading in the met fountain fishing for change. Blair Waldorf, seen dallying with an off-duty doorman at the Blarney Stone on a Monday Night. It looks like the battle between the Queen B and Little J has moved from the streets to the blogs. Who's sending this debasing dish? I have a feeling...

Elizabeth walked into the school with Nate.

"So how are you doing?" he asked.

"Stop fussing over me" she said "Between you, my dad, my brother, Jenny, Drew and Matt I'm starting to go insane. I have gotten back to skating, I've been playing the guitar more. Which is honestly what Carter would want me to work on. Matt actually told me that there is an open mic night tonight at the Coffee shop and he wrote my name down. You should come"

"That's fantastic!" he said "I was gonna see if Vanessa wanted to do anything tonight maybe I can convince her to go see you perform"

"I think she and Dan have plans with Sarah. This girl that they helped. She's new to the city. I actually haven't met her yet. I have been way too focused on tonight and the fact that the ice has welcomed me back with open arms."

"Then I'll come solo. I'll be your biggest fan" Nate said.

"Thanks. I actually should get to class"

"Why? You're gonna be an Olympian or a rock star" he joked

"I need something to fall back on" she laughed.

"That is a good point" he said "Fine get to class"

"See you later Nate" she said.

***

*Dan, Vanessa and Sarah (Georgina)*

"You can read about it all day long, but you have to walk the city to know it" Vanessa said.

"Okay, but look, anything is better than getting lost on the train every day"

"Subway, click those heels all you want you're not in Portland anymore"

"Seriously, you and Dan are so sweet to adopt me. I'd be a mess without you guys. Well, more of a mess than I already am"

"Red eye to go?" Vanessa said as Dan walked in

"Yes please, thank you. Hey Sarah" Dan said "Sorry for talking your ear off the other night, guys"

"He tends to ramble, as you'll get to know. Much like his sister Lizzie"

"It's a Humphrey Twin thing" Dan replied.

"Well, I'm a good listener" Sarah said. "Are there any new developments?"

"Uh, no. No, more of the same. Jenny and her boyfriend are still inseparable and she's even more insufferable."

"Give her a break. Asher's her first love"

"It's infatuation. It's not love much like Lizzie."

"Yeah, but to a 15-year-old girl there really isn't a difference"

"Then why is my 17-year-old sister so broken hearted over a guy she only dated for a few months?"

"Try 2 years" Vanessa said. "She was actually 14 when she and Carter started dating. She kept it a secret. I only know because well she needed a girlfriend to talk to about it."