Chapter 27: Lean on Me

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~Lean on me

When you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on...

For it won't be long

Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on~

(Bill Withers)

Every girl fantasizes about finding her prince charming. But if that prince refuses to come...a girl has to take matters into her own hands.

Elizabeth sat at the counter with her brother eating breakfast. Jenny walked behind them rambling on the phone.

"Well, if the electricity goes out, I think we found a new energy source" Dan said.

"She's making me dizzy" their dad said.

"Same" Elizabeth replied "I feel like I'm on the tilt a whirl. Never ending. And I normally can spin for a long time on skates."

"Stupid. Stupid Italians" Jenny said hanging up.

"Oh, oh I know with their Pizza and pasta and..." Dan said.

"Michelangelo" Elizabeth added.

"But apparently not their Herringbone" Their dad replied.

"Dad, you don't understand" Jenny replied "Eleanor put me in charge and it's a really big deal"

"Honey breathe"

"No, no time for Oxygen I am late" Jenny said.

"Same" Elizabeth said getting up.

"For what?" Dan said, "School is not for another like hour?"

"I need to get to the coffee shop" she said looking at her dad.

"You work there now or something?" Dan asked.

"Yeah, it pays for the skating and all the free coffee I get." she said collecting her stuff "Tell Nate I will see him at school."

She left and got to the coffee shop and walked in.

"Hey Boss" Matt said handing her a coffee.

"I could totally get used to this" she said taking a drink "Um Carter said he had some applications for me to look over."

"For what?" he asked.

"Managing the Ice rink. When Carter did the renovations, he took two of the old storage closets that weren't being used and turned them into small dance studios. I had Drew hang up flyers on the NYU Campus to drive in some clientele. So, I need a manager to help with booking studio time for NYU students. We are coming into the Holiday's soon. Every Dance student will be practicing their asses off to be part of any Nutcracker performance in the city. We have the space. Plus, Drew is starting ice skating classes and well I could use the same person to help with that."

"Well can I put in my application?" he said

"I actually already have a job in mind for you. I was gonna ask you to manage this place. You're amazing at your job and I know you're technically a freshman at NYU but think about it."