Chapter 98: Life Ain't Always Beautiful

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me

~Life ain't always beautiful

Sometimes it's just plain hard

Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful

You think you're on your way

And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles makes you stronger

And the changes make you wise

And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful

Tears will fall sometimes

Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride~

(Gary Allan)

Apologies have been made and the security breach fixed. But two weeks later, and still not one tip. Apparently, no one can hold a grudge like an Upper East Sider and no one can lie like one, either.

Elizabeth put Ella in her highchair and sat at the breakfast table with Nate and Chuck. Nate on the phone with his work. She kept glancing between the two of them not sure if she should bring up her suspicions. She had taken a few at home pregnancy test and both negative but she just couldn't shake the idea in her head.

"Yeah, I'm coming into the office now, but you have to cancel the meeting with Bloomberg there is just too much going on today...yeah sounds good." Nate said into the phone walking around the kitchen. "Thank you"

Nate hung up and turned to them.

"A week ago, you couldn't get Bloomberg to give you a quote to the Spectator. Now you're canceling on him." Chuck said "That's a bold move Nathaniel. I'm almost aroused"

"Well ever since I published that article about staying independent from my family. People are paying attention."

"You're learning there are upsides to pissing off your family" Elizabeth replied giving Ella some crackers. "Not that I have ever had the need too."

"Your brother does it for everyone" Chuck replied.

"Grandfather actually loved the editorial so much that he invited me to be his guest at Camp Allen this weekend." Nate replied and Chuck's eyes got big "Yeah I leave for Vermont after work."
"You, Warren Buffet and every other finance and media titan. World domination by day. Debauchery by night. The Allen retreat is legendary. I pity the fool who tries to hire a call girl in Manhattan this weekend."

"Boys and their toys" she said under her breath.

"So, I have to ask you, why are you reading a rival paper, huh?" Nate said and Elizabeth grabbed it from Chuck and read it. Nate caught it by glance

"They might call the wedding off? Does this..."

"I'm sure it's not even true. You should know better than anyone these stories are invented to sell papers to women who collect ceramic cats." Chuck said.