Chapter 17: First Day of My Life

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~This is the first day of my life~

(Lisa Loeb version)

In our modern age, when you call someone and can't find them you can pretty much be sure they'll get the message. But if they don't call back it usually means they don't wanna be found

Elizabeth walked into the loft after getting back from the ice rink to see the dining room table filled with all of her dad's guitars. He was sitting with one. She smiled.

"So, tonight's the night?"

"Oh, thank god one of my children remembered"

"Dan forgot? Or was it, Jenny?"
"To be fair I think he's been distracted."

"Relationship Drama?"

"Yes"

"I think that game of Scrabble last night really gave it away"

"You caught on to that too?"

"Practically a neon sign pointing to it. So glad that I am single now" she smiled

"Yeah, what happened with Carter? You've been quiet about it and spending more time with Nate. Did you two break-up because of Nate?"

"Kinda but not in the way you think. He did something to Nate that I couldn't forgive, and we thought it was best that we broke up. It was very mutual and understanding. I think we parted as friends"

"Very mature of you"

"Thank you" she said.

"So, are you and Vanessa still being my roadies tonight? Or do you have plans with Nate"

"Nate is dating Vanessa. And I am happy for them"

"That didn't exactly answer my roadie question?

"Of course, I am. Any excuse to be backstage where Lisa Loeb will be at" She replied walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, I knew it wasn't because you have a cool dad"

"You will always be cool but come on, its Lisa Loeb, one of the first Records I ever bought myself. I mean my dad being a musician was part of the reason why I love music and went into learning the guitar too. But she helped as well"

"So have you had any new gig offers since your open mic?"

"Dad it was last night" she said "And I don't know if I'm 100% sure yet what I want. I missed the ice so much when I couldn't be on it. But I also love the stage. I loved the guitar in my hand and everyone cheering. It was a great feeling. So, I'm confused."

"Well, you are still young, so you have time to figure it out"

***

*Chuck and Dan*

Dan arrived at the Van der Woodsen/Bass suite and walked in. Bart and Lily were talking to their Wedding Planner.

"Excuse me, Mr. Bass, Ms. Van der Woodsen."

"Not for long, thank you very much"

"Morning Daniel" Bart said.

"Morning" Dan replied "Good Morning, have either of you seen Serena? She's not upstairs"

"Ticktock, ticktock, ticktock" the wedding planner said.

"No Dan, sorry" Lily replied.

"Okay" Dan replied, and they walked away from him. "And her bed hasn't been slept in"