Chapter 44: Graduation

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~And there was me and you, and then it got real blue

Stay at home talkin' on the telephone

And we would get so excited, and we'd get so scared

Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair

And this is how it feels

As we go on, we remember

All the times we had together

And as our lives change, come whatever

We will still be friends forever~

(Vitamin C)

Like everything on the Upper East Side High school graduation is done a little differently. Who needs pomp and circumstance when you have paparazzi?

Elizabeth walked in to the coffee shop all dressed for her graduation. She was so happy. She and Nate were back together and nothing could be better than that.

"Happy Graduation day Lizzie" Matt said and handed her a coffee with a big graduation cab drawn on it.

"Aww Matt!" she said hugging him "But I better go"

"Good luck!" he said.

She arrived at Graduation and spotted Nate talking to his grandfather. William walked away and she walked over to him.

"You stopped and got coffee?" Nate joked. "You have a serious problem Elizabeth"

"I gotta have my fix" she said and he kissed her. "I would have brought you one but it was a gift."

"From the shop you own?" he asked and she laughed then showed him the cup. "Oh, the guys drew on it for you"

"Exactly, a gift"

"Okay" he replied.

"So tonight is our last night together before summer begins and you go to your internship and I go on the small tour"

"And we will make it a night to remember" he said and kissed her.

"Did I just see you two kiss?" Vanessa asked walking over. "Are you two back together?"

"We are" Elizabeth said grabbing Nate's arm.

"Yes! She was an absolute wreck when you two were broken up" Vanessa replied hugging them.

"And I know I didn't make it easy" Nate said

"You already apologized for that" she said. "Nate is throwing a party tonight, you should come V"

"Party? What Party?" Dan asked coming over

"After- Grad party" Nate said "I figured I'd at least do something to commemorate my time here. And to my surprise and you guys will be too. It was Liz's idea"

"My sister? Elizabeth Humphrey? The same Elizabeth who freaks out at parties and climbs under counters? That Elizabeth Humphrey?" Dan asked looking at her holding Nate's hand "Wait, are you two..."

"Did you like not tell anyone?" Nate asked.

"I didn't want it to be a dream" she replied kissing him. "Yes we are back together, and yes Dan it was my idea. Be very shocked."