Chapter 78: Red

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ending so suddenly

Loving him is like trying to change your mindOnce you're already flying through the free fall
Like the colors in autumn, so bright, just before they lose it all

Losing him was blue like I'd never known

Missing him was dark gray, all aloneForgetting him was like tryin' know somebody you never met
But loving him was red~

(Taylor Swift)

It's a cold New Year, Upper East Siders. Time to donate that fall wardrobe to the help and to present the world with a better version of you which could mean facing your future and forgetting past mistakes or finally settling on a brave new path. But a new year doesn't wipe away old problems.

Elizabeth walked into the Empire on the phone with her dad.

"This kid is super talented. His name is James and he plays over 7 instruments and can sing. He didn't think he would get any attention from his video and was so surprised when we knocked on his door. He's only 15 so he wants to finish school before he decides what he wants to do which should work out great cause then our label should be set by then."

"I'm so proud of you Lizzie. You're doing all of this while preparing for a baby and going to school full time."

"I'm an over achiever" she said. "Though still very exhausted because of it"

"Are you coming to Brunch?"

"I'm sorry I totally forgot" she said "I'm exhausted and school starts back up soon so I'm trying to do some of the extra reading to get ahead in my classes"

She stepped on the elevator.

"I forgive you. Next time"

"Next time" she said. "Also Scott says hi"

"I'm so glad you were able to meet up with him"

"When he found out I was going to be in D.C as well, he planned lunch. I actually met his parents. Despite the whole telling you he was dead thing they're really nice people"

"I know" he said "I will talk to you later rock star"

"Bye" she said then hung up.

She got up to the penthouse and walked in to see it a mess.

"Nate" she said and he popped out of the kitchen.

"Yeah" he said.

"You didn't borrow Chuck's black book again did you? Because last time it ended with something like this" she asked.

"This was my dad" he replied.

"The Captain is out?" she asked. "That's awesome. How is it going?"
"Uh" he said.

"That good?" she asked.

"How was your trip? The kid any good?"

"So incredible. But he is only 15 so he wants to wait"

"If a label came to you when you were 15 would you have said the same thing?"

"Knowing what I know now about some of the labels that have spoken to us I would have passed but not knowing I would jumped on it in a heartbeat. Which is why I'm glad that it didn't happen" she said.