Chapter 90: Two Princes

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~You marry him, your father will condone you
How 'bout that now
You marry me, your father will disown you
He'll eat his hat, now

Marry him, marry me
I'm the one that loved you baby can't you see?
Ain't got no future or family tree
But I know what a prince and lover ought to be
I know what a prince and lover ought be~

(Spin Doctors)

Rise and shine, Upper East Siders. It's time for your annual check-up. Lucky for you, doctors take their confidentiality seriously around here.

Elizabeth walked out of her room with Ella, as another girl left Nate's bedroom. It had been like that since they had gotten back earlier that week. She didn't exactly know what had happened in California and she wasn't quite sure if she wanted to know.

"Another one bites the dust?" Elizabeth asked and Chuck grabbed Ella "I really did miss you guys, but I also enjoyed having the place to myself. It was very peaceful"

"It's a good thing you don't offer satisfaction guaranteed" Chuck said to Nate. "Or she'd be your third refund this week. Do you need pharmaceutical treatment?"

"I wish weed was the answer"

"Viagra"

"Can we not discuss this?" Elizabeth replied. "Especially in front of the small child"

"How is the guy with no future with you?" Chuck asked.

"Fall Classes started, and I have yet to see him on campus. He is definitely avoiding me, but I can't focus on his issues right now. I got a B during summer courses, and I have to make sure that never happens again. Not to mention I need to focus..."

"Is he why you got a B?" Nate asked.

"You got a B?" Chuck asked. "How is that possible? The Elizabeth Humphrey I know, never gets less than an A"

"I know and no he is not. What I need to focus on is an upcoming gig. This club owner heard our album and wants us to play a few shows there. If we do well, he knows a few guys in Europe that own clubs and can get us booked next summer. I'm also getting my album relaunched nation and worldwide with his help"

"That's awesome Liz" Nate said "But you just reminded me I asked my mom for help with an internship"

"Good luck to you on both that and your women from L.A. issue" she said.

"Good luck on the maybe he's your boyfriend" Nate replied.

Elizabeth turned to Chuck and kissed his cheek and then Ella's head.

"Have fun with Daddy baby girl"

"We will be fine Elizabeth. Stop worrying"

"I'm her mother, it's my job" she smiled then touched his cheek. She then kissed Nate's cheek. She walked to the elevator. "Bye"

Later Elizabeth walked out of her class and spotted Cameron. She walked over to him.

"Liz" he replied.

"Hi" she replied folding her arms and giving her look that Nate says is her angry at you look.

"Hey" he replied.

"What's up?" she said "If you wanted to break up with me, you should have just did it instead of ghosting me for a week"

"I just..."