Chapter 87: Fix You

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you~

Good morning, sleepyheads. Looks like "dream until your dreams come true" wasn't such a good idea after all.

Elizabeth walked into the Empire with Ella. After staying in his old room at the Van der Woodsen's she decided she should at least stop by. Ella was a baby and wouldn't understand why she couldn't see her dad in the morning. She walked in to see Nate with a bag.

"Don't worry I'm already gone" Nate said and walked to her. He kissed her cheek then Ella's head. "Good luck."
"Yeah, you too" she replied then walked in further. "Hey"

"My two favorite girls" he said kissing her cheek and taking Ella from her. She turned and saw the broken glass.

"So what happened there?" she asked

"It was a mistake and I wish I could apologize to Blair for it"

"What happened with Blair?" she asked raising an eyebrow

"You were right and I was really drunk" he said "Thank you for not taking Ella from me"

"I told you I wouldn't do it to spite you only to protect her. We are her parents. We are her first defense to the world and I would lay my life down for her even if that's against you and I hope that you would do the same"

"So if Carter comes back into your life?"

"Chuck" she said "I'm going to the Constance/ St. Jude's fundraiser tonight. Do you want to go? As a family? Well kinda as a family. Ella will be with my dad of course but..."

"You want to show everyone from high school that you have more power than them"

"I'm not asking you to be my husband, just my date" she said and he flinched. "What did I say?"

"Blair got engaged last night" he said.

"Oh, so me saying husband?"

"Yeah" he nodded.

"I apologize" she said. "I totally didn't mean it"

"I need to get going to my new hotel site. In Brooklyn"

"Wow impressive" she smiled and took Ella. "Entering my territory"

"I will pick you up here for tonight?"

"It is a date" she smiled and he left. Her phone rang and she picked it up "Hello?"

"Are you still with Chuck?" Nate asked.

"Nate I am..."
"Jack's in town. Raina brought him"

"Crap" she replied.

"Yeah, I don't think he will take my phone call."

"I will try my best but he seems a little better earlier I don't wanna make his day worse"

"You're the one he will listen too"

She nodded and then hung up. She called Chuck.

"Hey" she said not sure how she was gonna say it. "Um..."

"I already know" he replied.

"How do you do that?"

"I just know" he said "Your 'Hey' tone seemed like you were about to give me bad news"