Chapter 93: Hot n Cold

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes, then you're no

You're in, then you're out

You're up, then you're down

You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up~

(Katy Perry)

On the Upper East Side, it's not what you say that determines who you are. Whether you're making a big announcement Or trying to close a deal. Or firing the first shot.

Elizabeth stood in the mirror getting ready for class. Ella was with her dad and Lily. Nate was out and Chuck was walking Monkey. She liked mornings where she was the only one there. Her phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hello"

"At least one of my family members answers"

"Hi Danny" she said, "Dad still not answering your calls?"

"I explained to him that it was fiction"

"Yeah, but Dan, sometimes how you feel about a situation comes out in your writing. I wrote a song about Carter once where I was so mad at him but then when you listen to the song you can tell that I understood it just hurt. Writing is our escape it's a way to let everything out."

"Is Chuck there?"

"Is he your new best friend? Last year it was Blair the year before that Nate. I can't catch up" she replied. "But I would prefer it not be Chuck because..."

"Lizzie?"

"He took Monkey on a walk I think to the dog park" she said.

"I will talk to you later. Love you"

"Love you too" she replied and hung up. She got all finished and headed out. She walked outside and a girl ran up to her.

"Oh my god! You're her?"

"Who?"

"Elizabeth Humphrey. You're part of Edge."

"Yeah" she replied. "That's me. Hi"

"Your songs are my life. I've listened to the album 10 times already and I'm obsessed. You are so inspirational. I want to be you"
"Thank you" Elizabeth said.

"Can I have your autograph?"

"Yeah" she said then signed the CD in front of her.

"You are my idol" the girl said then ran off. She got in a cab still totally not sure what just happened.

She got to Columbia and went to her classes. When she came out of her last class people were staring at her all around. Her phone rang and she answered.

"Hello" she said.

"How was class?" she heard Chuck ask.

"Surprised I didn't get kicked out for causing disturbance. Between my brother's book and the album fully dropping I have gotten a lot of attention and well I don't know how I like it"

"You are becoming famous"

"A lot faster than what I was prepared for"

"You'll handle it will grace. The fact you just do this for the music and not the fame says a lot about how you'll handle it, which is a great influence on our daughter."