C1

Xu Xinghe learned the news of his divorce from a colleague.

Year 329 of the Milky Way calendar, the first day of summer.

There was still more than half an hour before the lunch break. Team Leader Xu has already replied to all the work emails in advance, as well as routine inspection and maintenance of the B16 area of ​​the mainframe.

Bright sunlight poured into the Ark through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows, adding a touch of amber to his black eyes and black hair.

It should have been a perfect day, if only his coffee machine hadn’t crashed.

undefinedXu Xinghe stretched his waist under the artificial sun, picked up the cup and walked towards the coffee room.

Then he heard everything at the door of the pantry-

“Breaking news! General Mu just announced his divorce!”

“Which General Mu?”

“Which one is there? Major General Mu Qingyun! Xu Xinghe is his spouse!”

“No way! Let me see- What’s going on? Haven’t they only been married for a year?”

“Of course, General Mu filed for divorce right after the one-year marriage protection period.”

“So decisive?!”

“How can this be the end? Think about Xu Xinghe’s usual arrogant appearance, which alpha would like him? General Mu must have had enough of him this past year!”

“Yeah, Xu Xinghe is an omega, being in the limelight at work every day, what kind of character is this?”

At this time, a girl in the corner whispered: “Eh? I think Team Leader Xu is not bad. He helped me before…”

Someone immediately refuted her: “You just came here, how many times have you met him? Let me tell you, this person’s personality is not ordinary! Otherwise, why can’t he keep the general’s heart after a year?”

The little girl in the corner lowered her head, and remained silent.

“It’s not just that he has a personality problem. To be honest, I sometimes wonder if his physiology as an omega is still healthy—” The speaker pointed to the gland on the back of his neck and made a “you know” look.

“No one has ever smelled his pheromone, and I don’t usually see him using blockers and inhibitors.”

“Ah… Poor General Mu wasted a year on such a person. To be honest, if I were an alpha, I would definitely rather pay the fine than marry him.”

In the interstellar era, the omega fertility rate dropped to a historical freezing point.

For the continuation of the human race, the Alliance began to implement the “Matched Marriage Law”, whereby the mastermind system1 designates marriages based on the degree of genetic matching between unmarried alphas and omegas with the premise of maximizing the fertility rate.

If the matched object does not obey the mastermind’s arrangements, he must pay a huge fine.

And government officials or active-duty members of the Alliance will be subject to additional penalties if they refuse to marry.

“T Club broke the news that General Mu originally had a lover, and the divorce now is to get back with his old lover.”

“Yes! It is said that they both started talking about marriage a year ago, but things were messed up by the mastermind’s matching.”

“Ah? Then why did General Mu agree to marry Xu Xinghe in the first place? For someone of his rank, if he really wants to escape the mastermind match, it’s not completely impossible, right? Why wait for a year?”