C76

Xu Xinghe felt that he had slept for a long time, and when he woke up, only three hours had passed.

    It was still dark outside the window, and dark clouds shrouded the entire city of Sooke, making the sky at four o'clock in the afternoon look like a dark night.

    Xu Xinghe listened to the rain alone for a while by the window, then turned and left the room, walking towards the ward.

    In the distance, before approaching the ward, saw a small pink lump.

    Xu Xinghe was taken aback and stopped.

    At the door of the ward, stood a little girl in a pink dress.

    The girl was holding a rag doll in her left hand and a book in her right hand, standing alone at the door of the room, looking up at the door.

    She looked about four or five years old, and she was thin and small. Hearing the sound of footsteps, the girl jolted, spread her short legs and ran behind the wall, then stuck out half of her head, carefully looking at Xu Xinghe.

    Xu Xinghe's heart trembled.

    The girl has a pair of black, translucent, lovable deer eyes.

    A bit like her mother, and a bit like herself.

    Perhaps due to the lack of sunlight in Su Kecheng, the girl's skin is very white, and her hair is slightly darker. Although she is small, her face still has some baby fat.

    Xu Xinghe stepped forward and squatted down in front of the girl.

    "Are you Lily?"

    He remembered the first name the woman on the hospital bed called when she opened her eyes, guessing that it should be her daughter's name.

    The little girl nodded and asked curiously, "Big brother, who are you?"

    "I..." Xu Xinghe was at a loss for words, "I am my mother's... relative, and also your relative."

    The girl was half-hiding behind the wall, tilting her head and looking at him.

    The pair of deer blinked, with a bit of curiosity in their eyes, but they didn't continue to ask, just nodded ignorantly.

    Xu Xinghe asked warmly, "Why are you standing at the door and not going in?"

    Lily replied in a milky voice, "The doctor is examining my mother, let me come out first."

    Xu Xinghe nodded: "How old are you?"

    Lily stretched out her small arm and compared the number "five" with her right hand: "I'm five years old, and I can go to school next year."

    Her little appearance is really cute, Xu Xinghe couldn't hold back, and reached out and rubbed the little girl's head.

    Lily shrank her neck, but did not hide.

    Xu Xinghe smiled and asked her again, "You... Where's your brother?"

    "My brother should be going to school. He used to live at the school all the time. After his mother got sick, he didn't go to school much, but his mother kept telling him to go back to school. They quarreled about it yesterday..." Lily said. After speaking, I suddenly remembered that my mother told me not to chat casually with strangers.

    She quickly covered her mouth as if to make amends, and then put it down again.

    The big brother in front of her had a very comfortable intimacy, which made her feel that she was not a bad person, so she said a lot without knowing it.