C74

Outside the window, the wind is howling, and the thunder and lightning are interspersed.

    The rain was getting heavier and heavier, and the sky in the distance showed an inky blue that was close to black.

    The raindrops clapped against the glass windows, covering up the beeping sound of the treatment equipment, and becoming the only sound in Xu Xinghe's ears.

    There was only a small light on in the ward. Against the backdrop of the white light and the dim sky outside, the originally snow-white walls, roof, and bed sheets all showed a lifeless gray.

    A quiet and depressing atmosphere.

    The woman on the hospital bed was as pale as ever, and lay there motionless, as if she had fallen asleep.

    Xu Xinghe stood at the door for a while, then finally gathered up his courage and walked towards the hospital bed.

    Footsteps as light as a cat.

    The woman on the hospital bed had her eyes closed and her brows slightly wrinkled. She lay on the bed for a long time without moving, only her chest was still slightly heaving.

    Xu Xinghe licked his dry lips and did not wake her up, but just stood in front of the bed and quietly observed the patient on the bed.

    The woman is full of various instruments and tubes. Although her face is haggard and her facial features are almost sunken, her bones are still beautiful, and her charm is still there. It can be vaguely seen that she was a beauty when she was young.

    Xu Xinghe stared at the woman's pale and haggard face silently, and his heart was full of five flavors.

    At this moment, the woman suddenly opened her eyes.

    Those eyes didn't have focus at first, they just stared at the ceiling indifferently, and said in a hoarse voice, "Lily?"

    Xu Xinghe did not answer.

    The woman slowly turned her head, and her pupils gradually regained their focus.

    When those beautiful black eyes looked at Xu Xinghe, both of them were shocked.

    Xu Xinghe didn't think about how to face his biological mother along the way.

    They have been separated for so long that they have become strangers to each other.

    But he thought that even if there was no such relationship, even in the face of a terminally ill patient, the innate sympathy and compassion made him try to give her some comfort in the last days.

    However, when he tried to speak, he was caught off guard by those eyes that were seven or eight similar to himself.

    The brain suddenly went blank.

    Something exploded silently in his heart, causing him to instantly lose the ability to speak.

    The woman on the hospital bed trembled slightly, even her lips were shaking.

    The originally withered eyes were instantly covered with a layer of water, and they stared at Xu Xinghe without blinking.

    Xu Xinghe suspected that she recognized herself, just as she could recognize her at a glance.

    They are very similar, especially the eyes.

    The woman tremblingly stretched out a hand with an infusion tube inserted, trying to touch the big boy in front of the hospital bed.