C14

Xu Xinghe went home, took a shower, and fell asleep without blowing his hair dry.

He slept till dawn.

He opened his eyes in a daze, realizing that something was wrong-

Sore throat, headache, body ache.

Even without taking his temperature, he knew that the fever hadn’t subsided, and had gotten worse.

undefinedXu Xinghe has had a strong body since childhood and rarely gets sick. He’ll catch the occasional cold, but mostly relies on “drinking more water and resting” to recover.

But this omnipotent solution failed this time.

Xu Xinghe lay on the bed for a while, and said in a hoarse voice, “Xiao K, help me make an appointment with Dr. Tom.”

Xiao K is his smart housekeeper system, which is connected to his housekeeping robot and various smart devices.

Three minutes later, Xiao K’s prompt sounded: “Doctor Tom can come over at 2:30 in the afternoon at the earliest. Do you need me to help you make an appointment?”

Xu Xinghe glanced at the time and said weakly: “Okay. Is there still fever medicine at home? I’ll take some first.”

Xiao K: “Your antipyretic medicine expired half a year ago, it is recommended to throw it in the trash can.”

Xu Xinghe: “…”

Xiao K continued to ask thoughtfully: “I need to help you get rid of Do you want to order new antipyretics online?”

Xu Xinghe said while sending a text message: “Forget it, I’ll ask Aunt Sophia to bring some…”

Because of the severe nausea, Xu Xinghe couldn’t eat anything, so he lay back down after drinking some nutritional supplements.

But the fever grew worse, and he even began to wonder if he could last until Dr. Tom came.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Aunt Sophia arrived so soon?

Lying on the bed with his brows furrowed and eyes closed, Xu Xinghe didn’t look carefully at who was on the monitor screen. He directly said, “Please come in.”

He took a deep breath, stood up and leaned on the bed. Licking his dry lips, he said to the housekeeping robot in a daze: “Xiao K, help me get a glass of water.”

——

Colonel Lewis personally drove a pure black military bulletproof vehicle through the 031 complex in District 5, and arrived at Xu Xinghe’s small courtyard.

The speeding car slowly landed, and Major General Qin Yuan, who was sitting in the passenger seat, suddenly sighed: “Sir, although I can understand your mood right now, but after such a chaotic night, I still advise you to go to the hospital first to…”

“You guys wait for me in the car.”

As soon as the vehicle landed, the person sitting in the back seat left a hurried sentence, disregarding what other people said, and quickly got out to ring the doorbell.

The camera flashed, and then the door opened automatically.

Ling Changfeng raised his foot and walked in.

At 9:10 in the morning, artificial sunlight filled the floor through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows with light gold.

Xu Xinghe’s two-storey villa has a simple and modern style with white as the main color. It was full of artistic flavor, and electronic paintings on the walls were replaced with warm colors when guests came.