40

Xu Xinghe: “…”

He looked at Ling Changfeng “kindly persuaded” him and thought, isn’t it more dangerous because of you??

He remembered the horrific scene after he sobered up that day, of him holding Ling Changfeng in the same bed…

Hehe, I never wanted to recall this in life.

The corners of his mouth twitched as he replied: “No need. Drinking hurts the liver, kidneys, and brain, so I should quit.”

undefinedHearing his words, Ling Changfeng’s eyes flashed faintly, but he didn’t say any more. Instead he picked up chopsticks. “Let’s eat.”

He moved his chopsticks, and everyone finally followed suit.

Dinner officially started.

Appetizers include foie gras with figs, king crab tartar, black truffle caviar, and sea urchin pudding.

Delicious and mellow tastes burst in the mouth, making Chef Xu sigh at the perfect fusion of top-notch ingredients and cooking.

Everyone started chatting while eating again.

The focus of the topic was mainly on the newlyweds Ling Changfeng and Xu Xinghe, and Qin Yuan the bachelor-

“Where are you going for your honeymoon? Are there any arrangements?” Lin Ting asked.

Ling Changfeng’s hand holding the chopsticks paused slightly, but he did not answer. He didn’t even raise his eyelids, and continued to pick up a piece of pan-fried foie gras with a light expression.

Lin Ting also knew his temper. He didn’t expect him to answer, and instead turned his attention to Xu Xinghe.

The latter was slightly startled, and swallowed the food in his mouth before asking, “Honeymoon??”

“Yes, don’t newlyweds go on a honeymoon?”

Parrish also asked, “Do you have a favorite place? For example, a place with a long history, or a beautiful and quiet island, or a city in the sky full of flowers?”

Xu Xinghe said embarrassedly: “Thank you, but we don’t…”

“After a while.”

Ling Changfeng, who was eating silently beside him, suddenly spoke up, interrupting Xu Xinghe’s words.

Xu Xinghe was taken aback and turned to look at him.

Ling Changfeng said without changing his face: “I’ve been a little busy recently, and I’ll make up for it when I’m done.”

Unfortunately, this statement immediately ushered in a wave of complaints –

“Ah?? What have you been busy with recently?”

“You’ve both been married for more than a month, why is it still ‘after a while’? It’s just that Xinghe has a good temper and can bear with you. Most people would’ve complained by now.”

“Yeah Changfeng, can you still…” Waite originally wanted to ask “can you still do it?”, but didn’t dare to say it, so he changed his words abruptly. “You just got married, how can you even delay the honeymoon? You can’t keep delaying these things until you’re an old couple, got it?”

“Even if you were busy with work before and couldn’t make it, you should at least start planning from now on, and push unimportant things back, to make time.”

Everyone complained about Ling Changfeng before turning their heads towards Qin Yuan.

“Old Qin, you can’t do this either. How can you keep your boss so busy that he doesn’t have time for his honeymoon?”