Famewhore.

Jailyn~

Glancing through the open courses, I check on my transcripts from the three years I'd finished already. Realistically, I'd only had one more semester to finish, but life seemed to have other plans for me. Everything seemed to take off after that first season, then even more after the 2021 season. Coming off of my second World Championship and immediately getting engaged along with both my deals skyrocketing, it wasn't exactly easy for me to just pick every normal twenty-something-year-old activity back up.

Given my injury, there are no major expectations for me when it comes to Team USA. The entire goal when it comes to softball right now is for me to make a full recovery, something we're on the right track for currently. In about a week the sling comes off and all I've got after that is physical therapy for the next couple of months. Finishing out my degree, especially with the enrollment availability for this summer. Even if I'd have to take a couple of courses in the fall, it's not unrealistic for me to finish now that I've got a bit of time on my hands.

I've never liked leaving things unfinished and knowing how close I was to a degree hasn't bugged me that much up until now when I'm stuck at home bored out of my mind while my husband is off until god only knows what time on game days if he's even in the same state. Now is as good of a time as ever to finish it.

As I'm working through selecting all the courses I need to complete the program, my phone starts buzzing next to my leg. Glancing as it's lit up, I grab it as soon as I notice it's Christian.

"Hey," I answer, holding my phone to my ear with my left shoulder as I continue working as I had been.

"Hey, I'll be home in like half an hour," He updates me, "Do you need me to grab anything on the way home?"

"Uhm," I start, thinking about it as I continue looking at the courses being offered. "I don't think so. I haven't made dinner or anything so if you wanted to pick something up you could otherwise you'll have to find something here."

"Yeah, I'll pick something up," Christian laughs, making me smile, "Anything you want? Otherwise, I can just grab you whatever."

"Just grab me whatever, I'm not super hungry or anything right now."

Christian has a small chuckle before he comments, "Don't you need sustenance for tonight's drama?"

"Tonight's drama?" I reply, confused at what he's getting at.

"Isn't tonight Shelby's date thing?"

"Oh," I laugh, "Her one-on-one?"

"Yeah, that one," He chuckles, "You've been commenting on it all week, especially with how ABC has been hyping it up."

"Right," I reply, still smiling amused that he's seemingly interested as well, "But yeah, I'm good right now. You know what I like, just grab whatever and I'll probably eat it later."

"Alright, one other thing," He starts, seemingly just remembering something relatively important.

"What's up?"

"You're planning on coming out for All-Star Week, right?"

"As long as my sling comes off as planned, that was the goal," I reply, "Even if it doesn't, I can still probably come out. Odds are I don't get the chance to come out again while both of us are still playing."

"Whatever you wanna do," Christian tells me, "I'd love for you to be there, but I get the position you're in."

"Right."

"Whatever works. I gotta let you go, Counsell is calling, but I'll see you in a bit."

"Alright," I reply, holding my phone in my hand now, "See you soon, I love you."