Olive.

Jailyn~

Being a trending topic on Twitter is always a fun time. The number of headlines and comments being made in regards to my announcement are overwhelming almost. Everyone has shit to say about it apparently as if it's the biggest announcement in the world. I get that I'm a big athlete and that I have name recognition and when the people think softball they think of me but I didn't really expect it to be this huge. Catching a few of the headlines I look through the topic and see what they've got to say.

"Jailyn James-Yelich quitting softball after eight successful seasons on Team USA."

"Team USA Softball blindsided by Jailyn James-Yelich departure?"

"What does Team USA Softball's upcoming season look like without their MVP?"

"What's the story behind Jailyn James-Yelich's bombshell departure from Team USA?"

"Jailyn James-Yelich's announcement of her retirement at 29 years old stuns the sports world, is a previous injury the real reason behind it?"

"What's next for Team USA Softball now that face of the sport has announced her departure?"

"Jailyn James-Yelich and Christian Yelich; Baby on board?" Someone's apparently a little more presumptuous than everyone else going to make the accusation on their own as true as it may be. I click the article and read what it's got to say.

"Jailyn James-Yelich shocked the world today when she announced that she would not be returning to Team USA for the 2029 season only two weeks before the team was set to make their season opener in Oklahoma City. In an Instagram post explanation, she cited her reasoning being 'Not allowing her body to heal properly following significant injuries through her career.'

'In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Mrs.Yelich tore her Achilles in the Gold Medal game as she was running out a triple before coming back 2021 and continuing to prove to be an absolute beast both behind the plate and on the field. Jailyn continued to dominate the sport until 2025 when she separated her shoulder after colliding with her teammate in early June. This required surgery to be repaired and took James-Yelich out for the remainder of the season until the World Softball Series where she took the field as the DH proving again just how dominant she was behind the plate.'

'It's been three incredibly successful seasons since with no mention of the injury. Why now is it enough of a problem she's announced what can only be seen as her retirement from the sport at 29 years old? An athlete of her caliber could reasonably play at her level for almost a decade longer should they chose and get contracted to. Jailyn, being untouchable in virtually every aspect of the sport, shouldn't ever be in a position to be worried about not getting a contract. So why would she realistically choose to leave now a sport that she even says has given her almost everything? Our best guess? She's pregnant with her husband of four years Christian Yelich.'

'I don't buy that it was a shoulder injury from three years ago acting up all of a sudden. Her being married to Christian for four years now and about to turn 30 the timing makes complete sense. Going out with an Olympic Gold Medal, the same year Christian Yelich plays his last year as a Milwaukee Brewer with plenty of rumors floating around about him turning down contracts and extension offers. It really is the only reasonable excuse now. Only time will tell with this one but we will keep you updated as more information comes out." I roll my eyes a little whatever you want to put out there media boy. Being in the middle of a lie is going to be quite humorous apparently knowing he's right but no one else getting that confirmation not even himself. I mean it's not fully a lie, my shoulder does act up from time to time but not nearly to the extent that I'd actually feel the need to take a whole season off for it.