Imma Need That Ball.

Jailyn~

"Christian: Text me when you get this, I'm not sure what time it is where you're at right now but I kinda hope you see this before Carly gets the chance to." Reads the message I'd received two hours ago before a link to an article. Seeing the headline of "Cody Bellinger out with Australian fashion model Meghan Crowe following game against Padres."

I scoff and roll my eyes, before texting back, "I guess you were right as much as it sucks especially him dragging it along for this long. I just got up so I doubt Carly is up I'll head to her room and check-in with her."

I click on the link and actually read the article before I just head over to see what she knows. "32-year-old Los Angeles Dodgers MVP first basemen Cody Bellinger was spotted leaving '71 Above' an upscale bar and restaurant in downtown LA with 24-year-old Australian model Meghan Crowe at around eleven-thirty pm following a massive win over the San Diego Padres earlier in the evening. Sources tell us the two have known each other for a while and that Bellinger has been in a relationship for almost a year and a half now. Prior to spotting Bellinger and Crowe together, it was rumored Cody was dating Olympic Gold Medalist Carly Bradford, Team USA softballs short-stop of the last seven seasons. Rumors of another romance of the likes of Carly's teammate Jailyn James-Yelich," hey that's me, "and her husband Milwaukee Brewers MVP Outfielder Christian Yelich started to flurry February 2026 when Bellinger was caught attending Team USA games with Yelich prior to heading to their own respective Spring Training facilities. Bellinger and Bradford have been spotted together numerous times since then and have even shared various social media posts and interactions with each other. Needless to say, we'll have to wait and see how this plays out from here."

I scoff and shake my head before screenshotting the article and the pictures of Cody and Meghan together. What a fucking dick. Sending the screenshots to Cody I type out, "Nice going slick. Meghan Crowe huh?" I add the eye-roll emoji before hitting send and getting out of the bed of my hotel room and slipping a hoodie on over my sports bra and spandex not bothering to worry about my hair. Grabbing only my phone and the hotel key I head out and take the few steps down to Carly's room and knock on the door.

Waiting a second I'm pretty sure I hear her talking to someone on the other side of the door, I knock again harder this time and wait for her to open the door. Soon enough it flys open and she just as quickly is turned back around as she's all but yelling into the phone. "I don't give a fuck how casual shit was Cody! You fucking grow a pair and dump me not get caught out with some bottle blonde foreign bimbo!"

I snap at her to get her attention as she lets Cody talk again, she looks at me and I mouth "Speaker," so I can hear what he's got to say. She pulls her phone from her ear and hits the button to put it on speaker as Cody continues to talk.

"dinner with a friend. I'm not hooking up with her if that's what you're thinking."

I roll my eyes and make the fake gun motion with my hand and put it in my mouth over that lame-ass excuse, "Dude are you forgetting that I'm from LA? 71 Above isn't just casual dinner with a friend! I honest to god don't even give a fuck that it happened or what you did with her but the fact that you're going to sit here and flat out lie to me about it is fucking insane."

"Carly just stop, I'm not lying! Why the fuck would I lie about something like this when I literally got caught out with her?"

"You just said you got caught!" Carly almost yells laughing at the audacity of the man on the end of the line, "If it was just casual you there's nothing to be caught with. Like as casual as our shit was, a year and a half isn't nothing dude. It's actually a pretty significant amount of time if you didn't fucking notice."