Tell Me About Her.

Jailyn~

Taking a deep breath I take in the locker room for what very well could be the last first time. This season is going to be different. For all I know, it could be my last as a member of this team, that's absolutely crazy. Taping my ankle for extra support I glance around at all the girls as bubbly as ever excited to have another season following our seventh first-place finish. It's a team unit and everyone can feel it. Hopefully, next year if I'm not here they hold onto this mentality and someone else steps up to be the leader.

Glancing around at everyone as I've finished getting ready, it's kinda funny seeing who's all representing my gear. Adidas bought out Nike to be the official sponsor for our team meaning I had a little bit of say in our uniform designs which was incredibly fun, beyond those though from what I can see everyone has some version or style of my cleats on. They've all got my new bat line that they can use. I still get to have my own bat though with the exclusive launch of my limited edition model that DeMarini only sold 500 total of. This launch was somehow even more successful than my first, breaking my own sales record. The month and a half two months leading up to the beginning of the season until now when all of this has been going on has been insane. I'm so eternally grateful for everything that's happened for me.

"Hey cutie you good?" Carly asks tossing her batting glove at me getting my attention.

I laugh a little tossing it back at her, "Yeah, just reminiscing a little. Eight years, another Olympic season, pretty damn crazy."

"Girl I know," Carly says shaking her head, "Two years it'll be a decade that's insane." I just nod looking down, I mean, it would be if I didn't have a different plan for the future. "Seriously Jai, what's up?"

I look back up at her and stand up nodding towards the empty room off to the side. She follows me in and shuts the door behind her. I blow a little air through my lips before pushing my hair back a little, holding my hands behind my neck as I meet Carly's questioning look, "You can't say anything, promise?"

"Well duh," Carly responds, "I've got your back no matter what."

I sigh a little and nod, "I think this might be my last season."

"Shut up no it's not," Carly says shaking her head, "Why? It's not like you're on the decline or something stupid like that."

"Well no," I say looking to the side a little and kinda wiggling uncomfortably not knowing how upfront I should be right now. Fuck it, okay, I take a deep breath and let it out, "After this year I think Christian and I are going to start trying to have a baby."

Carly's eyes go wide a moment before she gets a massive grin on her face. "Oh my god, Jai fucking finally!" She all but screams as she pulls me into a hug. "I mean it's going to suck not having you again but, jesus Jai! That's so awesome!"

"Easy there Carlz," I comment pulling away from her, "I actually have to get pregnant first for it to be a real thing. If I don't end up getting pregnant in the offseason I think I'll be back next season but, the plan, for now, is to start trying once I get back from the Olympics. I don't know that either of us wants or needs it to be getting public attention right now because we don't even know what's going to happen with everything."

"Well no matter what happens Jai, I'm excited for you guys. You'll be the best parents and I can already picture how cute Christian would be with a kid."

I laugh nodding, "Yeah I know, we were hanging out with Larisa and Ryan a few months ago and Christian was playing with Izzy and that really got the gears turning for me and I don't know. It just feels like the best time."

"Well let's go kick some ass and make this the best season yet so you can go out with a bang," Carly says throwing her arm around my shoulders before we head back into the locker room so we're not late. I don't know that anyone would care if we were though.