Let's Have Some Fun.

Jailyn~

"Christian: How tf are you going to come out and homer on the first pitch you see in months, all while I didn't know you were playing?" Is the first text I notice getting to check my phone again. Chuckling a little, I smile as I heart the message before typing out my reply.

"To be fair, I did tell you. My decision was official after your game started, though," Hitting send, I wait a moment seeing his response pop in quickly after.

"Christian: Badass. That cocky little grin of yours gets me every time."

"Haha, yeah, it was a pretty good one today," I send back, "Hopefully, the next one today goes as well."

"Christian: You guys looked solid from what I've gotten to see this first game. Keep that up, and you guys are fine. You on your own are incredible to watch, definitely a proud husband moment."

Pouting my lip out slightly, I smile as I read the last part of the text, "I love you. We've only got a one-game break before we're supposed to play again, so if you were planning on tuning in, that's where the tournament is at. I do have to get going; it's pretty obvious how much this team has lacked any real bonding."

"Christian: Of course, I'm planning on tuning in. Are you kidding??" Laughing as the first text comes through, I wait patiently for the follow-up before I can tuck my phone back away. "I love you, JJ. Good Luck to the rest of the girls, and try not to suck too bad. ;)"

"Always the goal ;)," I reply before tucking my phone away and slipping my cleats off and to the side. Probably not the best idea to wear spikes for the activities I'm planning.

Standing up, I yell, "Everybody clear the floor! I'm talking everything tucked away, give us some space, so no one gets hurt. We're going to do some team bonding." The girls take a second, looking around at one another before following my directions, getting everything tucked away. "Cleats off too. No one needs to accidentally get spiked in the clubhouse," I add, chuckling a little before helping shove some of the furniture aside.

Once everything is off to the side, and the girls seem ready for my next direction, I take the center of the room, "Better late than never, but we're going to do a little team bonding before our next game. We're starting with a classic, circle up and grab two hands of two people across from you." There are a couple of chuckles as we've all done this a handful of times growing up, but everyone follows my instructions as I join the circle next to Carly.

We're only going to have time for two, more than likely, so why not start with ones that require a ton of communication? As a group, everyone starts out trying to yell out over one another, all feeling like they know the best move at the time. Pretty quickly, it seems like they realize we're not going to get super far by all yelling over one another. That brings on the next issue of no one entirely wanting to take charge on their own. Usually, I'd be the one expected to step up, but the whole point is to get on the same page as a team rather than just relying on one person to do everything.

"Don't look at me. I've got a messed up shoulder," I laugh, noticing the few girls looking at me to step up. There are a few chuckles before Nat takes the opportunity to take the lead.

"Well, It makes the most sense for us to start from the top," She says, holding her arm thats connected with Taylor's up. "Taylor, who else are you linked with?"

"Sydney," She replies before we asses where their arms are connected. "I think if we move to my left and everyone in between ducks under until Carly, we should make a little progress."

"Let's do it," I say, doing my part to aid in their movement, ducking under their arms before Taylor has a new place next to me.

The rest of the time, everyone has communication much like that. Once one layer is moved, another pair of girls take their turns assessing the situation and what the best course of action may be. When we finally figured out the best way to communicate, we make it through untangling ourselves and end up in a circle, a few of us facing out, but it's an untangled circle.