Nope, I've Got It

Jailyn~

Soft kisses trail themselves down my neck and shoulder waking me up gently as the warm glow from the sun outside shines in through the window. I stretch out as his hand grazes over my side while I squeeze my eyes shut just waking up. "Morning," I mumble turning to face the curly mop of hair laying next to me meeting his eyes, "Cutie."

"Happy Anniversary," He says with a small smile as he holds out the iconic blue box.

I look up at him and smile, "You remembered."

Christian scoffs a little laughing, "Of course I remembered, it'd be hard to forget the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Shush, it's too early for you to make me cry," I say laughing a little trying not to get worked up over how sweet he is. He holds the box up again chuckling a little. I pull the white ribbon and let it fall before taking the top off and almost gasping at how stunning the necklace is. Sixteen-inch rosegold with small diamonds covering its length. "Christian," I almost whisper looking at it.

"Turn back around," he instructs taking the ends of the necklace in his hands. I hold my hair up for him as he places it around my neck and clasps it. "I figure it'd be better shorter so it would still look okay with the necklace your mom got you."

I nod a little biting my lip as I look back at him, the fact he thought about that means so damn much. "It's perfect, thank you."

Christian runs his thumb over my cheek before leaning in and kissing me. It's a quick one before he pulls away and says, "Anything for you JJ."

"I got you something too," I say getting excited, "I hid it downstairs though. I wasn't expecting on getting anything let alone getting something as soon as I woke up."

"Why weren't you expecting anything?" Christian asks laughing.

"I mean," I shrug, "You don't have to get me anything, you do more than enough for me every single day."

Christian laughs as he hugs me, "Well the same goes for you, I can't believe we've been married a whole year already. It hasn't felt like any time has passed since that night with you."

"It's crazy that it was a year ago. Like it feels like it wasn't that long but then you think about everything that's happened this year and it's like, how the fuck was it only a year?" I add laughing a little. Two World Champion seasons, two MVPs again, a handful of ESPYS, my shoulder injury, the trial, our honeymoon, just so damn much has happened this year it's crazy.

Christian chuckles, "Overall I'd say it's been a pretty damn good year."

"I definitely can't argue there," I say quietly, before leaning in again kissing him some more. May as well start another year with a bang.

"God, that necklace was a damn good investment," Christian says breathlessly as I roll off the top of him again, "Now I fully get why you're into mine and left the teeth marks in it to prove it."

"Wait, seriously?" I ask popping up a little to look at his chain. He holds it up and finds the little indents in it from my teeth, "I didn't even know, I'm sorry."

"No," Christian replies laughing, "You absolutely don't need to apologize, it's really fucking sexy. Seeing the necklace dangle while you were over me? Woah."

I just laugh shaking my head as I look at my husband laying next to me smiling, little beads of sweat on his skin from what we just did glisten slightly. "Wanna shower, and then make breakfast?"

He makes the 'ohh' motion with his lips before kissing me again, "That definitely sounds nice."

We get up again after a few minutes and head to the bathroom and get the shower going. I take my necklace off and set it next to the sink before stepping in with Christian.