Zoo.

Jailyn~

"Go get her, go get mama!" I hear Christian say almost immediately as I leave the locker room to head up to the field. I flip around not expecting to see them until tonight now and can't help but grin seeing my son, in a custom Team USA Jersey that I can only assume has Yelich 13 across the back of it, walking excitedly towards me with Christian not far behind. Crouching down I drop my bag down to the floor and hold my arms out for my son as he gets to me before I scoop him right up and kiss all over his cheeks. 

"Hi buddy," I say excitedly before kissing his nose before he snuggles into me hugging me, he's getting so big already it seems like. "You guys sticking around for the game?" 

"That's the plan, especially if little dude can keep being good," Christian says rubbing Ryker's hair a little, "He napped okay before we came out but, I'm not going to say he's not going to have a meltdown but it's hit or miss." 

I nod a little kissing Ryker on his head again, "Are you gonna be good today? or be bad?"

"Good," He tells me nodding with a big smile before he looks down at his little octoguy he's been carrying. That thing has been his favorite thing forever I swear. He's working on talking and already knows a few words and how to use them for certain things. He knows good and bad, mama and dada, he's got food down too and then bye-bye. He's also got yes and no too him knowing no has shown us a little more of his attitude since he can articulate when he doesn't want to do something now and he can use that on top of being fussy about it. 

"Good, is mama gonna be good today?" I ask him.

"No!" He says with a grin making Christian and I bust out laughing.

"Well you better prove him wrong, can't have you suck the first game back," Christian teases.

I furrow my eyebrows a little, "I mean, I think today is my day to suck it is my first game back."

"Well, that's definitely the right attitude to have," He replies sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"I mean," I just shrug and brush Ryks hair around with my fingers as he focuses on his toy, "I'm a little rusty." 

"Jailyn James-Yelich rusty, never heard that one before," He comments making me scoff.

"Y'all expect way to damn much from me," I reply and look up at the clock and hold Ryker out to him, "I do have to get going though."

"Alright," He says taking Ryker and adjusting him into one arm before he holds his free one at my waist and kisses me, "Don't suck." 

I smile a little and nod "That's the goal." 

I take a chop at a mid-speed drop ball and send it directly to the short-stop and watch as the Chicago Bandits first baseman catches the ball making the play on me. Well, that's a shit way to start things with my first at-bat in two and a half years. I jog back to our dugout and grab my bat again on the way in as I pull my helmet off. We'll get it back. I yank my bucket over and sit on it popping a handful of seeds in my mouth as I watch Carly take her at-bat. She gets a little blooper right into shallow left field and gets a single out of it. Well at least one of us still has it. Maybe Maddy will get something for us here too. 

"Alright here we go Maddy," I yell out as she takes her place at the plate. We've already got two outs at the bottom of the first. She takes the first pitch she sees and gets caught out in center. Alright so one of OT3 can still get on base. I pull the tap of the bucket off and grab a ball before jogging out to first base. Eight years later and I'm back at my choice position.