.523

Jailyn~

Seven games straight without a single hit. Seven. I've MAYBE gone two before but seven? I blow a little air out of my mouth as I rewind the tape to try and see what the hell my issue is. People are talking about it already, absolutely going in on me for it now and that's what I've seen not on twitter or any major social media tight now. I can't even help but scoff at myself at how bad I whiffed that strike. I was super early and it wasn't even a change. 

 "Jesus fucking christ," I comment to myself leaning up on the table and pushing back my hair. God this is frustrating. 

"So you suck this year," Christian comments catching me off gaurd making me jump as I flip around to face where he's standing in the doorway, "Maddy and Carly stole Ryk."

"You scared the shit outta me dude don't do that," I scold him before looking back at the screen, "And clearly I suck, seven fucking games straight without a hit." 

The soft sound of the chair rolling out on the carpet next to me pulls my attention once again from my footage playing on the screen. "What would you say your problem is?" 

"I'm like twenty years early on all my at-bats," I tell him rolling my eyes slightly as I shake my head disappointed with how my shits going. I've even dropped to the six spot in the line-up, like I fucking suck.

"But why?" Christian asks again, "And do you want me to help before I make this a conversation?" 

"At this rate, I'll take whatever help you've got to offer," I say blowing a raspberry out my lips leaning back in my chair again and crossing my arms. 

Christian chuckles a little taking the remote and navigating to a few clips from my seasons Pre-Ryker. "You've changed your stance." 

"I haven't meant to or noticed that I have though," I comment back confused as to what he's seeing differently before he pulls up a side by side of one of this year. 

"You've almost adapted my stance," Christian says laughing a little, "Only it doesn't work for you. Your original stance was more compact to start and explosive to finish, now you start almost at your original stances halfway point. See that?" He asks pointing at the difference seeing it slowed down. 

I can't help but groan a little seeing how right he is right now. "You know I'm not going to pay you for being a hitting coach right?" 

Christian lets out his loud laugh making me chuckle slightly, "JJ pretty sure that, as your husband, I am allowed to just help you with things." 

"Alright sassy pants let's head down to the cages so I can try and get it back," I tell him grabbing the remote and shutting off my highlights. I guess lack thereof though for this year.

"Are we going to suck again today or is Jailyn James back?" Carly asks sitting on my lap on the bucket before she has to take her at-bat now in the three spot as opposed to her usual four spot due to my suckage as of late. 

"That's one that we're going to have to figure out when I get my at-bat today. Pretty sure I'm getting pulled if I can't get it back seeing as I've contributed virtually nothing other than getting us back on the fundamentals on the field," I tell her holding my arms around her as I watch the field over her shoulder, "Remember when we sat like this and you and Cody wouldn't stop flirting with each other."

"Yeah now me and him are still in that weird off and on with each other," She replies laughing, "Yeli help you at all?"

"I think so, I seemed to I guess start my stance wider than I used to. Like I apparently am starting halfway through my original stance basically. We hit the cages and I think I got it readjusted but like I said we'll have to see."