World Champions Pt. 5

Jailyn~

Once our on-field celebration lulls, the grounds crew starts setting everything up for the medal ceremonies, and our friends and family are allowed onto the field. This is incredible. Taking everything in, I watch all the different reunions we're having. Some of us greet our parents and siblings, others our children and husbands. All of us are on the same team, yet seemingly on so many different stages of life.

Scanning the crowd, my eyes finally fall on my husband, the biggest grin spread across his face. Matching his smile, I make my way through the crowd as quickly as possible to find my home back in his arms. Christian wraps his arms tightly around me, both laughing as he twirls me around as we're so beyond elated over today's game. "You're fucking incredible, JJ." 

"I got intentionally walked four times," I laugh, "I didn't get to do much." 

"Name anyone else who a team has thrown down for every pitch to keep from running," Christian points out, making me laugh. "You still scored twice and had two stolen bases. That's pretty badass." 

Rolling my eyes, I pull back from our embrace to kiss him for the first time. The headlines are all going to act somehow like I was this saving grace for this team, even with the minimal contribution I've had today—no need for my husband to be doing the same. 

"Get a picture of me and the MVP?" Christian asks, tossing his phone to Ryan before squatting down a little, indicating I should hop on his back. Chuckling, I roll my eyes, hoping on as he stands up, I can pop my head over his shoulder. Smiling as wide as ever, even with my lack of any real play, how could I not be over the moon about to receive my fifth gold medal? 

Christian kisses my cheek, making me laugh as I turn towards him. "You're going to ge-," I start, about to warn him of the eyeblack streaked down my cheeks before he cuts me off, kissing me again. The sheer elation of the day borderline overwhelming, as neither one of us could help from laughing over this moment. 

"You guys are disgusting," Ryan laughs, breaking his uncharacteristic silence for the first time. Christian lets me down, and I'm able to greet our friend for the first time. "Congratulations on once again proving to be the GOAT," he teases, sincerity hidden in his tone as we hug, "No one has ever done it like you, Jai, and it's incredibly fun to watch. Even though you weren't even given the opportunity to do much." 

Chuckling, I nod, "Thanks, Ryan." 

Screaming out the lyrics to every song the DJ plays, Carly and I are dancing together on the small stage he's got in the venue. Something about world championship parties is next level. Nothing can truly compare to the feeling of securing a title for your team and officially wrapping up your season. The privacy we've created for these as well makes it so much easier to enjoy. As sloppy as I'm getting, grinding along Carly, no one's going to make a headline of it tomorrow morning. 

Throwing it back into Carly, she all but howls with laughter, hitting my ass a little before I spot Lynayah, a beer bong in hand. Waving our catcher up, I take the end of the tubing as she cracks the can open and pours it into the funnel for me, the room cheering as I take a knee, chugging the alcohol. As the tubing runs clear, I lean forward, pulling the end out of my mouth as the room cheers, making me laugh as I pump my fist, cheering it on. 

The song changes, and Carly and I share a look as the iconic beat kicks in. "Yo," We both sing along, laughing as we do. Both of us are beyond gone at this rate, but somehow we can still hold the lyrics, "I never fucked Wayne, I never fucked Drake, on my life, man, fuck's sake. If I did a menage with 'em and let 'em eat my ass like a cupcake." Carly throws her arm around me as we continue to rap along with the Queen.