Normalcy.

Jailyn~

"Christian, what are your plans now that you've officially ended your career in arguably a storybook ending?" Sophia asks tipping the microphone to my completely drenched husband following his career-ending world series win.

"I'm going to head home and actually be able to help out with Ryker," He laughs, "I couldn't have asked for a better way to leave my career and I'm incredibly excited to be able to go home and spend time with my stunning wife and our son."

"Well, it's been an honor getting to work with you and get to know you these last eleven years. Congratulations on everything you've achieved in your phenomenal career I'll let you go so you can celebrate with your teammates," Sophia says wrapping up the interview as Christian thanks her before heading back to the clubhouse so they can get ready for the trophy presentation. I'm pretty sure there was some talk about officially retiring Christian's number as well. I mean it's only fitting, he's given the Brewers the best seasons that they've ever seen. I'd know I made it through the 2013 through like 2016 rebuild.

After everything is set up the guys come back out and they're presented with the trophy and everything before Christian is brought forward. He's got a big grin on his face as he hugs Mark once again just as he did almost a month ago now before shaking the commissioner's hand. Mark speaks out once again, "We've had the honor and privilege of having Christian here as a member of the Milwaukee Brewers now for eleven seasons. He's lead this team to it's most successful run in franchise history now adding another World Series Championship to his list of accolades. We already got out the official goodbye at the end of September but I just want you to know how much everyone here in Milwaukee and in the Brewers organization has appreciated having you as a member of this team. It's our honor to announce now that the number 22 will now be retired and you will be the last member of the Milwaukee Brewers organization to wear it. Along with that your name and number will be added to the video board wall next to the likes of Hank Aaron, Rollie Fingers, Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, and your former teammate Ryan Braun, as a tribute to your years on this team and your contributions on and off the field to the game of baseball and our community. Thank You, Christian."

Christian nods with a smile, before stepping up to the microphone as he was motioned to, "I'll keep this quick for everyone, but thank you to every single fan and person that's shown up to even just one game that I've been a part of. This has been an absolute dream come true and I'll forever owe so much to this game and this organization I've spent the majority of my career a member of. Every single teammate I've worked with in my career I've got so much respect for and love and appreciate so much because I can't do what I do if it isn't for everyone else wanting the same thing that I do. Thank you to my mom, and my wife, and my brothers and every single person who's supported me throughout my career, it takes a lot of sacrifices from everyone for me to have been able to do this for as long as I have. Again just thank you to the fans, Milwaukee has the most loyal and dedicated fans and I'm honored to have been able to play most of my career here for all of you. So thank you guys so much for everything and for making this the best place to play sports. I couldn't imagine a better place to have spent most of my career and now retire." Christian nods with a little smile, "Thank you."

The crowd here today cheers once again for my husband as he does almost his final curtain call taking everything in once again for the last time. God this is insane. The entire time we've known each other he's had baseball, just like I've almost always had softball. It's crazy that now neither of us has either of those things going for us anymore. I just hold the small smile on my face as I watch my husband in his final moments on a professional stage cheering him on alongside his family. God, eleven years ago I would've never imagined even meeting the MVP at the time, let alone ending up married to him and cheering alongside his mom and brothers as he's officially retiring from the game. Just absolutely crazy that this is where we are, and I'm so damn proud.