Canary Melon.

Jailyn~

"We're in the melon stage now," I tell Christian and Alecia as we're hanging out in the living room before Christian has to leave for his game, "Thirty-seven weeks in and hopefully three more to go, the kid is a Canary Melon."

"No wonder he just got huge in the last week," Christian says putting his hand on my bump.

"Well, he dropped lower too," I say placing my hand on top of Christians, "He's getting prepped to come out." I have a little contraction on my right side and Christian furrows his eyebrows a little.

"What was that?" He asks concerned.

"Just another Braxton Hicks," I tell him, "They've been pretty constant now the last couple weeks I can't even really feel them anymore. I think you can just see and feel them more because our little dude is pushing up further against everything more than ever." Christian nods a little.

"Keep your ass in there dude," Christian says patting my stomach, "At least till I'm around for sure." I laugh a little, while that's the goal he should stick inside for three more weeks ideally. "Maybe even today, I could use a day off of baseball."

"Don't give him any ideas," I scold Christian laughing, "He's already tried to make his escape in Portland."

"Well don't act like he's a criminal already," Alecia chimes in laughing with Christian and me.

"May as well be with all the trouble he's given me the last five weeks or so," I joke rubbing my free hand over my bump as there's another contraction only this time on the right side. "Can you like cut it out?" I ask poking the spot with my finger a little.

"What time is it?" Christian asks looking up at me before looking at his mom.

"Just after ten, you should probably get heading out, right?" Alecia asks. Christian nods before looking back at me again giving me a small smile before he pulls my shirt up a little and blows a raspberry right below my belly button making me laugh as Alecia just shakes her head at us with a smile.

Christian pulls my shirt back down again for me as he pops back up. He stands up and checks his phone once, stretching a little before he leans back down and kisses me, "See you later."

"Don't suck," I reply with a little grin.

"That's the goal."

Pretty much just as soon as Christian left I got another relatively strong contraction. I don't even know that I should question it right now just given how often I have been getting them these last few weeks. Maybe I just need to take a shower and relax a little. Ease my muscles and ease any tension or stress I have right now over everything. "I'm going to head up and take a shower."

"Alright Jai, just holler if you need anything," Alecia tells me with a small smile. I nod as I grab my phone from the couch trying not to wince as another one hits. When I stand up straight again it seems to go away just like the Braxton ones do, we're still okay if that's the case. I can't say I'm a fan of the little waddle that I've got going because of where my son currently is chilling as my body preps to evict him.

Pulling back the shower curtain and turn the water on feeling it waiting for it to warm up letting out a little yelp as another particularly strong contraction hits. Once again though I can stand straight up again and it seems to almost go away. The kid has three more weeks and he's my first, there is no chance in hell he's coming now, not if I have anything to do with it. Once the water is warm enough I strip from my clothes and leave them on the floor for now before stepping into the warm water letting it beat off of my skin. There's so much calm with this as opposed to before, my mind was just reeling about whatever the hell is going on.