I Made It.

Jailyn~

"Babe," I call, my shoulder already more sore than I'd like it, "Can you help me a second?"

Christian joins me in the hotel bathroom, his shirt only halfway on as he does. His abs and v-lines not going unnoticed for the couple of seconds they're still on display, "What's up, beautiful?"

"Can you help me tie up my hair?" I ask, handing him the black hair tie that had been on the vanity. "My shoulder decided to tap out early this morning."

"I don't know how to braid," He comments as if that's the only hairstyle he's seen me in.

"I was just expecting a ponytail," I laugh, "I appreciate the thought of ambition, though."

Christian chuckles, nodding as I hand him my brush, "I can't promise to be much better at that either." Rolling my eyes, I smile at him as we look at each other through the mirror. Christian starts dragging the brush through my hair. He seems so focused on the task at hand. Something so mundane to me seems like an entirely new thing to him. To be fair, how many times in his life would he have had to put someone's hair up? He's helped me wash my hair and put some product in it, but beyond that, I haven't had to do much more in the past couple of weeks. He's so focused, I wonder how he'd react if I pretended it hurt.

"Ow," I say quickly, moving my good hand up as he looks at me in the mirror his hands holding still. He seems a little concerned, that is until I grin at him.

"Asshole," he mumbles, making me laugh as I watch the smile on his face as he continues to pull my hair up for me. He figures out how to tie the hair tie in pretty nicely, it's secure and close enough to the center of my head that it's good to go.

"Hey," I start, "Not bad Yeli." Holding my hand up, he high-fives me before locking his fingers with mine. "Not bad for an All-Star MVP."

"What can I say," He starts, "I'm a man of many talents."

"That you are," I reply, turning towards him as I stand on my toes ready to kiss him. He kisses me gently giving me a small smile as he pulls back, "I love you."

"I love you too," He replies, kissing me one more time.

My arrival to help Jennie out with her annual Classic Championship didn't go unnoticed. The girls competing and observing today have made it incredibly obvious how excited they are that I'm here to watch them compete. My introduction makes that excitement that much more obvious. "Clearly, no introductions are needed," Jennie starts, chuckling as she glances at me, "But I'll still go through the formality of it for all of you. I'm joined here by Olympic Gold Medalist, a three-time World Softball Series Champion, winner of four consecutive gold glove awards and batting titles with a career batting average of over .800, Jailyn James-Yelich!"

Chuckling to myself as the cheers from the crowd ring out, I wave to everyone in attendance as I step up taking the microphone from Jennie as I wait for a little bit of the noise to calm down. This is insane. Taking it all, in I give them a couple of moments before I start even trying to talk, "How are you guys doing?" I ask, getting even more cheers in response. "You guys are incredible and I'm so excited to be here today as these two teams compete for the championship title. Every single one of you here today has worked hard to be at this point, and you should be proud of yourselves for even getting to this point."

"Each and every one of you here has proven that you're the best of the best and from what I've seen and heard, you've all put up some fierce competition and I can't wait to see the finale out on this field in a couple of minutes. Good luck to everyone here, and most importantly have fun."

Handing Jennie back the microphone, she goes through the roster of both teams, having them line up ready for the National Anthem. Jennie and I stay in our place in front of the mound as we honor the flag. It's a beautiful day for this, the sun is shining, the temperature isn't too high, and the only clouds in sight are light and fluffy, all and all, it's a beautiful day.