Hey Twenty-Two!

Jailyn~

"Wanna tell me why I found out you made the Dean's List off of Twitter?" Christian asks, not even greeting me as I pick up the phone.

"Good morning to you, too," I reply, chuckling a little with him. "You're the one telling me right now."

Christian lets out a loud laugh, somehow still asking, "How didn't you know already?"

"Because I stopped checking my email as soon as I got my final grade back," I tell him, scanning through my clothes and figuring out my first game day outfit back. "I took like three classes to finish my degree. It's not that big of a deal. Honestly, it'd be kinda sad if I didn't do well in them, seeing as I already technically have a career in the field."

"Regardless, I'm still proud of you," Christian tells me, making me smile over the simple little words, even as unnecessary as they are. "You're officially cooler than me."

"I think my second world championship gave me that," I tease, knowing they're on track to break their single-season win record this year. They're still chasing a second ring, though.

Christian scoffs, and I can picture him shaking his head right now and can't help but laugh. "Don't worry about that; we've got it on lock this year."

"I'm gonna hold you to that," I tease, knowing how stupid his sport can sometimes be. "I'd better get a baller honeymoon once it's all said and done."

Laughing again, Christian replies, "I'm sure that can and will be arranged, regardless of the outcome."

"I don't know," I say, dragging out the last vowel, "I've got five shiny gold medals. I can't be hanging out with a scrub anymore."

"In about two months, if things don't go our way, I'll remind you of this conversation."

"God, I'm glad my pessimism is finally rubbing off on you," I joke before referring to the start of our conversation, "How'd you find out I made the Dean's List on Twitter anyways?"

"The school published it, and naturally, people saw Jailyn James-Yelich and made it a big deal for you."

"Great," I reply sarcastically. "I'll have to renegotiate my deals," I joke as if I don't already make more money than I'll ever need. Running my hand along the fabric of a Valentino dress, I can't help but scoff slightly to myself. I'll never complain, but it's still bizarre to try and wrap my head around it. "I'm gonna start getting ready, and I guess ignore my socials today."

"Alright," Christian says, chuckling over my disdain regarding people acknowledging my success. "I'll see you in a little bit. I love you."

"I love you too," I reply, never tired of those three little words. Hanging up, I'm able to get back to figuring out my outfit for the day.

What a weird month it's been. Usually, by this point, I'm able to have been back at Miller Park, but between the influx of press for this year's World Championship, my last couple of classes and Finals, and the meetings I've had to be part of, I haven't had the opportunity to make it back yet. Then again, I was a frequent flyer already this season compared to the last few. My one-month hiatus is nothing compared to my usual absence eighty percent of the season.

Setting my phone back on my closet's island, I start rummaging through the crop tops hung nicely for me. Kind of a bummer knowing I'm only going to be able to wear them for the next week or two, but then again, who knows what kind of weather we'll get in Wisconsin. Something simple is the move today. My presence tends to pull enough attention the way it is; there is no need to draw anymore.

Lingering a moment, I find the pattern of logos across the blue tulle of the Adidas and Gucci collab from a few years back. Even with the Gucci logo mixed in with Adidas's, it's subtler than it could be. Whatever, I'll throw some jeans on and call it a day.